All of a sudden... a severe shake at 40MPH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drive it daily

Darn, I was hoping it was just flat spots on the tires, which can happen after prolonged parking and usually fixes itself after a bit of driving.

Sounds like you're going to end up just having to play the elimination game. Check every single fastener, check every bushing with a pry bar, check for play in every rod end, all the fun stuff to do on a winter day.

Darn, I was hoping it was just flat spots on the tires, which can happen after prolonged parking and usually fixes itself after a bit of driving.

Sounds like you're going to end up just having to play the elimination game. Check every single fastener, check every bushing with a pry bar, check for play in every rod end, all the fun stuff to do on a winter day.
Yep…. I guess so!

Well…. it wasn’t the head gasket or the sun roof. Still not sure what caused this. I drove it the next day and I couldn’t get it to vibrate again. So weird. It was a vibration in the steering wheel that shook back and forth from left to right. Check air pressure and all lugs. Did t see any loose or missing bolts but it was definitely in the steering area that caused this.

Mine was panhard bushings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom