All injectors on bank 1 have stopped getting a signal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the story. On my way to work when the truck started running rough and then died. Fired back up and ran terrible. No power, barely stayed running and lipped her back close to home. Got it home tonight and started the diagnosis to find that all the injectors on the drive side have stopped working. Here is what I have found and checked.

New timing belt and head gaskets. 5ish miles new.
Pulled codes, 1, 3, 5, 7 misfire. Random misfire.
Rechecked time marks and did a compression test. Everything looked good
Checked for spark on both banks. Coils all fired and looked acceptable.
Check injectors on the driver side and nothing. Could not feel the normal click when the injectors fired.
Checked the frequency of the injector pulse with a hand held meter on drivers side. 0%. Don’t seem to be getting a signal from the ECU.
Check for power on all the black/red wires at the injectors and got battery voltage.
Checked wiring all the way back to the ECU and found everything normal.

What am I missing? Is there a common driver in the ECU to run the bank 1 injectors? Did something get cooked in the ECU?

Last edited:
Sounds like a rodent/squirrel/mice infestation type of issue. Had a similar issue when I found a rat's nest near the blower box. May want to follow harness to fuse and ECU to confirm.

I'm having similar misfire on 1/3/5/7 after head gasket and cylinder heads swap, after couple thousand miles, as seen here:

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Here is the story. On my way to work when the truck started running rough and then died. Fired back up and ran terrible. No power, barely stayed running and lipped her back close to home. Got it home tonight and started the diagnosis to find that all the injectors on the drive side have stopped working. Here is what I have found and checked.
I haven't checked the injectors on my LX470. Never thought about or touched it before. How did you test it?

I had a problem like that on my sister's LX. Ended up being the crank position sensor wires had been routed incorrectly after a timing belt change and were rubbing on the harmonic balancer and shorting out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom