All around lock replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at replacing my 94's lock and ignition with the locks and ignition from an LX450. I live in AZ and theft of 90''s and 00's is rampant due to how the ignition and locks wear. You can take any 2 sided key and jiggle it as you turn and unlock and start the these year toyotas. They call them Jiggle keys and they are very popular with the tweeker crowd. The LX uses a center cut key and therefore cannot be manilulated in this manner.

I know that the everything on the 95-97 will interchange with the LX just not sure if the ignition will for the 94. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fuel pump shutoff/ECU/coil hidden switch?

Having just recovered my FJ62 my plan is to install one of these:

Off Road Only TDS-ADE-II - Off Road Only ADE-II Theft Prevention Device for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

You could make one yourself for a little less.

And if you want a low-cost lo-jack type recovery solution, you can go the GPS route with one of these for around $200:

Smart Tracker - Advanced GPS Vehicle Recovery System by RMTracking

As my teenager will be driving this truck around it may just become handy to figure out where he's at someday.

The 80's replacement lock set: 69005-60330 lists for around $460

96 LX replacement lock set: 69005-6A280 was about $500 but seems to have been discon'd awhile ago.

Last edited:
I found the lock/ignition set for $150 then I have to have the keys made for $50. We have a guy in Tucson that if you have the number for the key and he doesnt have to take apart the door is really reasonable on the center cut key. Just have to see if the ignition will fit.

Having just recovered my FJ62 my plan is to install one of these:

Off Road Only TDS-ADE-II - Off Road Only ADE-II Theft Prevention Device for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

You could make one yourself for a little less.

And if you want a low-cost lo-jack type recovery solution, you can go the GPS route with one of these for around $200:

Smart Tracker - Advanced GPS Vehicle Recovery System by RMTracking

As my teenager will be driving this truck around it may just become handy to figure out where he's at someday.

I don't like the column sleeve and I don't want recovery. I want the truck to be where I left it in the grocery store lot where I left it. Not standing with my u know what in my hand while pushing a cart looking around sure it cant be gone only misplaced.

The 80's replacement lock set: 69005-60330 lists for around $460

96 LX replacement lock set: 69005-6A280 was about $500 but seems to have been discon'd awhile ago.

oh and The Stig rocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom