alignment, tracking, steering weirdness and i'm clueless (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi
I have an 89 FJ62, OME heavy/heavy springs and i just put new bridgestone AT REVO2 tires on it monday, 285/75/16. it has about 230k miles on it.

some background: when i got it i put 9.5x33-15 BFG at KOs on it prior to the lift, it drove fine with nary a pull or wobble. after the lift, i had to do a lot of adjusting of the drag link to get the steering wheel to be approximately straight while the truck was going straight, which is expected. i did an OK job, due to my driving style and things i don't know about the tires wore like s***. cupping, lugs wore at an angle in the front, asymetric....

anyway, i'd rather not have that happen to these tires. they were $$$. i had the alignment checked today as part of the "lifetime" alignment i had done a few years ago and i have concluded it's not worth much. all the numbers are in "spec" but the spec is huge and there are variations from left to right that i don't think should be there. So, before i go to the really good, really expensive alignment shop around the corner i'd like some ideas of what's wrong. i know what the parts are up there under the truck but i admit i don't know how they affect each other

SYMPTOMS: sensitive steering input (could just be tire tread pattern on these wonderful clifornia roads), near constant need to correct steering, drifts right if on flat uncrowned road with hands off the wheel and steering wheel centered (drag link still?)

the toe numbers seem particularly suspect to me... i hope this attachemt works...
new_alignment.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom