Alignment Results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bloomer

SILVER Star
Threads
Just past the middle of nowhere in South Texas
Prior to this land cruiser, I never asked for a print out of my alignment results. I've also never had anyone other than the dealer do my alignment prior to today. I'd like to make additional adjustments to my torsion bars to optimize the final front end lift height, so opted for paying a little more for a lifetime alignment at the nearest Firestone. Since I'll be making some additional adjustments to the torsion bars and will be taking it back to Firestone to recheck the alignment, I am curious whether they've done an adequate job with the alignment today. Everything seems to be within the ranges specified for the 1998 - 2007 MY Land Cruiser, but not sure if there are "optimal" settings within the range or variances in settings from left to right that should be avoided.

Any thoughts on the numbers from my current alignment? Am I good with where they are set or should I be looking for better results from my next visit to Firestone? If so, any recommendations on what direction(s) the numbers should move?

If it makes a difference, I have a 2.5" OME lift (OME shocks and torsion bars), SPC UCAs, and 275/70/18 tires. Also looking to change out the OME shocks to ICONs in the near future. Curious if an alignment is necessary/recommended after changing shocks?

Thanks for any input...

alignment specs.jpg

What's your front lift? Seems like you should have more caster. For reference, I'm at 21" with 1.9 and 2.3 degrees caster with stock UCAs.

I don't believe there is a caster adjustment. I think it comes as a product of the toe & camber setting or it's just not adjustable. Same with SAI, if the toe & camber are out of spec, it may cause SAI to be out of spec, but it's just a measurement. Disclaimer, I know next to nothing about alignments, but at least I know something.

I mean, you aren't dead in the middle on the camber and toe, but pretty close. Alignment measurements are in pretty small degrees so the range is actually pretty tight. You could be out of spec on one or two slightly and still have a vehicle that drives straight and no excessive tire wear.

Bloomer is running SPC UCAs, which have additional camber and caster adjustment. I've had about 5 alignments with my lifetime firestone. Stock LC has 2 degrees of caster. Lift the front to 21" and caster drops to roughly 1 degree. I asked the tech to get everything in spec if possible, so he repositioned both arms as there's some wiggle room plus the camber adjustment bolts. Boom, I'm back to factory specs. If I can run this alignment on stock UCAs, I would expect SPCs to have over 3 degrees of caster.

image.jpg

The night before the alignment, I turned the t-bars 1 full turn to add some additional lift to the front end. Originally, I was at 20.5 inches and after turning the bars 1 turn I measured at 22 inches. I drove it a few miles but could never get it settle. So, I backed off the t-bars 3/4 turn. After alignment and driving ~120 miles my front end has settled to 21.25 inches (center hub to fender). I'm wondering if it will settle more with only a net change of 1/4 turn on the t-bars.

Adrenaline...your final alignment numbers are much more consistent right to left than mine. That was one of my concerns and why I posted originally. I realize there are very tight tolerances when it comes to alignments and we are dealing with very small numbers (decimal place differences). I guess in certain aspects of my world of work I deal in the decimals and being off a little can make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom