Alignment needed after getting new wheels/tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All, I've seen multiple posts on here stating that I should get an alignment now that I've bought installed new tires and wheels. Is that because of the new components perhaps not matching the stock configuration or just a generally good practice after new tires? The reason I ask is that my truck got an alignment at the Lexus dealership in December and I obviously don't want to spend cash on something that might not be needed when I could put that towards something more fun like sliders.

You’ll definitely want to realign after any suspension changes, but if your previously tires were wearing evenly, I wouldn’t realign just because you installed new wheels or tires...

You’ll definitely want to realign after any suspension changes, but if your previously tires were wearing evenly, I wouldn’t realign just because you installed new wheels or tires...

What he said.... 👍

Thanks for the quick replies @619TOY and @Willie G

My tires definitely seemed to be wearing evenly before the change. However, I'm considering doing an AHC lift.....maybe. If I decide to do that, would that qualify as a "suspension change"? I'm not swapping out any actual hardware or adding physical lift components. The LX is designed to raise and lower automagically in certain situations so it's kind of a grey area.

Thanks for the quick replies @619TOY and @Willie G

My tires definitely seemed to be wearing evenly before the change. However, I'm considering doing an AHC lift.....maybe. If I decide to do that, would that qualify as a "suspension change"? I'm not swapping out any actual hardware or adding physical lift components. The LX is designed to raise and lower automagically in certain situations so it's kind of a grey area.
Yes. As soon as you sensor lift or use the height offset utility you'll get some drift.

I have 2016 and it seems to need alignment fix every 10K miles. I bought it with 14400 miles and had first alignment done around 23K next done at 35K and I know from visit to dealership yesterday that I am out on toe on front left at 43K. I will have it fixed at 45K at NTB where I have 3 year prepaid alignment. I do oil and tires at #0000 and NTB does them and alignment at #5000.
So I would say yes with new tires definitely get alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom