alignment issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dailyuna.blogspot.com
NO ONE around me has the alignment specs for the FJ... not even where i bought it. (midas..conrads...4wheel parts...firestone...etc)
i lfited the FJ and it needs an alignment something fierce...

have any of you gotten an alignment somewhere?
if so can ya gimme their info so i can get the specs from them??
im in quite the pickle!

I replaced a lower control arm and have the specs from Toyota's alignment sheet, I can PM you when I find them, but why not take it to Toyota dealer? They usually run monthly specials.

OFRD_GRL said:
NO ONE around me has the alignment specs for the FJ... not even where i bought it.

my toyota dealer (along with others in the area) have told me they cannot align the FJ yet.

my toyota sales guy is pushing to get the specs for me so i can bring it into them.. but i havent heard back from him yet.

Holy &#%*! That's nonsense, I bent a control arm and got the repalcement part and requisite alignment overnite.

yea its garbage.
its seriously perturbing me.

Alignment specs

You need to remember that alignment specs are for stock vehicles and used as a guide for lifted vehicles. If no specs are available I ususally set the toe in about .25 of an inch set camber at zero to start and give the caster 1.5. I'm not near my shop manual for the FJ so I don't know how they adjust, I can check later. It is hard to tell how much adjustment you have until you get it on an alignment machine. This is a set of good base lines when nothing is available. Also try to find an alingment shop that does lifted trucks chances are the guy doing alignments is great at making things work so you have no tire wear and good handling. I have done many that way myself.
:bounce:

thanks!
now to get a place to do the alignment off of numbers i provided (that arent in their program)
4wheel parts said they cant do it if they dont have the numbers in the program...
ill have to call around.. again LOL

Look for someone who has newer Hunter equipment. The spec are as copied:

Specs are:

Mr. Halasz,
Here are the specs you requested. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Chris Davisson
Customer Service Administrator
Hunter Engineering Company

FJ Cruiser 4X2

FRONTSpecificationNeg. TolerancePos. ToleranceLeft Camber-0.57°0.50°0.50°Right Camber-0.57°0.50°0.50°Cross CamberLeft Caster3.57°0.50°0.50°Right Caster3.57°0.50°0.50°Cross CasterTotal Toe0.08°0.17°0.17°Left SAI12.92°0.50°0.50°Right SAI12.92°0.50°0.50°

FJ Cruiser 4X4

FRONTSpecificationNeg. TolerancePos. ToleranceLeft Camber0.15°0.50°0.50°Right Camber0.15°0.50°0.50°Cross CamberLeft Caster2.82°0.50°0.50°Right Caster2.82°0.50°0.50°Cross CasterTotal Toe0.08°0.17°0.17°Left SAI12.35°0.50°0.50°Right SAI12.35°0.50°0.50°

thanks!

i also came up with this....
file.php

OFRD_GRL said:
i lfited the FJ and it needs an alignment something fierce...

It's easier to drive straight if your feet aren't duct taped together. :grinpimp:

1911 said:
It's easier to drive straight if your feet aren't duct taped together. :grinpimp:
your SOOOO right.
thats why they switched to zip ties LOL

Alignment specs

Tell them to use a 1980 Chev Blazer. Should be a good start point. Very simple front end.
:bounce:

im workin with my buddies at 4wheel parts by my house to hack into their alignment program to try and do the FJ :D
ill know tomorrow LOL

OFRD_GRL said:
im workin with my buddies at 4wheel parts by my house to hack into their alignment program to try and do the FJ :D
ill know tomorrow LOL

Have them call their shop in Charlotte. 4wheel by my house said that they had done one and would be able to help my store do mine.

FYI, ultimately I had Toyota do the alignment...$65 on special.

k9crazy said:
Have them call their shop in Charlotte. 4wheel by my house said that they had done one and would be able to help my store do mine.

FYI, ultimately I had Toyota do the alignment...$65 on special.

ya, 4wheel parts guys cant sneak me in b/c bosses are there... and its $105 normally (ouch)

sooo im gonna bring my specs to the yota dealer and make them do it i guess

OFRD_GRL said:
ya, 4wheel parts guys cant sneak me in b/c bosses are there... and its $105 normally (ouch)

sooo im gonna bring my specs to the yota dealer and make them do it i guess

You must have the laziest Toyota dealer in the world. Why can't they look up the alignment specs in the repair manaul? :rolleyes: It's right on pages SP-2 through 6. If they don't have the books, they can also go to techinfo.toyota.com, and download them like I did last weekend.

Michael

well i took it to the yota dealer.. they did it...
AND they did it for FREE.
something about a free alignment within 6 or 12 months (not sure which) of purchasing a new vehicle.
i was amazed they honored it since its lifted and bigger tires and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom