Alignment help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Threads
Posted this in my build thread which is just like everyone elses build thread "durr I bought a part from Joey and screwed it onto my truck". So figured this may gain a little more traction with a separate thread.

After going to 2 alignment shops, I still am stuck with a pretty drastic pull to the right. Below is a picture of the numbers, anyone more experienced than me want to chime in with any thoughts on what could be causing this? Could be due to something else entirely, no idea where to begin.

IMG_6350.jpg

Below Are the specs from the FSM.
do you have a lift?
do you have any caster correction bushings or plates. My alignment numbers looked like this before I got my caster corrected.

Attachments

• frontwhe.pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 76
Below Are the specs from the FSM.
do you have a lift?
do you have any caster correction bushings or plates. My alignment numbers looked like this before I got my caster corrected.
Yep, ~4inch icon lift with delta arms for castor correction.

Do you have the 4” arms or 6”? I started with the 4” and after that didn’t help I went with the 6” and my caster is dead on 3*. When I measured how much lift I was actually getting I was over 5” with 4” springs. Compiling/comparing lift and caster data
All of my data is in the spreadsheet with this post.
Well I certainly hope I'm not in need of that much extra castor, I bought the arms/full suspension set up as a kit from delta all grouped together. Haven't measured but I would be shocked if my lift was over 4" especially with the bit of sag I'm getting from my bumpers/sliders.

Well I certainly hope I'm not in need of that much extra castor, I bought the arms/full suspension set up as a kit from delta all grouped together. Haven't measured but I would be shocked if my lift was over 4" especially with the bit of sag I'm getting from my bumpers/sliders.
That’s strange since you got it all as a kit. Have you sent the numbers to Dave? @Delta VS he was super helpful to me when I was trying to get mine dialed in.

You've definitely have 3" springs (that's all Icon makes) and should have 4" arms. Can you please measure (on flat, smooth ground like garage cement) from the ground to chassis and axle side panhard bolts, then send me those numbers? As detailed here: Compiling/comparing lift and caster data (same thread @voodu3 linked). That will help me figure out why you don't have correct numbers. Have sold many 4" arms with 3" Icon springs and never had this issue. Small possibility a set of 2" arms got sent out by accident?

edit: please send me by email so I can connect everything, info @deltavs.com

You've definitely have 3" springs (that's all Icon makes) and should have 4" arms. Can you please measure (on flat, smooth ground like garage cement) from the ground to chassis and axle side panhard bolts, then send me those numbers? As detailed here: Compiling/comparing lift and caster data (same thread @voodu3 linked). That will help me figure out why you don't have correct numbers. Have sold many 4" arms with 3" Icon springs and never had this issue. Small possibility a set of 2" arms got sent out by accident?

edit: please send me by email so I can connect everything, info @deltavs.com
Sure! Will do.

I am not much of an alignment guru but seems to me that a pull to one side would probably be something other than castor no? And why do the 6" arms produce less castor than the 4" arms on your readout from the alignment shop? Shouldn't the 6" arms produce more if the springs were the same?

Below are my numbers with both delta arms.

View attachment 2254522

View attachment 2254523
I am not much of an alignment guru but seems to me that a pull to one side would probably be something other than castor no? And why do the 6" arms produce less castor than the 4" arms on your readout from the alignment shop? Shouldn't the 6" arms produce more if the springs were the same?
@cahill, are you talking about in this ^ post? he's got -.4 and -.35 caster with the 4's and +2.2 and +2.1 with the 6's

Yup, that is what I was talking about. My brain must not be working right. I missed the negative and moved the decimal to the right thinking he had a 4 and 3.5 with the 4's. Oops and sorry for the confusion. Warned everyone I wasn't an alignment guru :) :poof:.

Yup, that is what I was talking about. My brain must not be working right. I missed the negative and moved the decimal to the right thinking he had a 4 and 3.5 with the 4's. Oops and sorry for the confusion. Warned everyone I wasn't an alignment guru :) :poof:.
it's Monday, "late" in the day, AND everybody's sick. ain't no thang!

One thing I noticed is that you have negative toe in on the right and + on the left, so the rear wheels are pointing right and it might be crab walking a bit. Check for bent or misadjusted control arms on the rear if you have them.

One thing I noticed is that you have negative toe in on the right and + on the left, so the rear wheels are pointing right and it might be crab walking a bit. Check for bent or misadjusted control arms on the rear if you have them.
Good thought. I have brand new Landtank rear LCA's on the truck so I don't think that would be the issue. Rear toe measurements sure are strange though...

Just sent the measurements to Dave that he requested, hopefully he is able to shed some light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom