Alignment Advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was going to post this in the old alignment thread but it is closed. Guess the debate got to hot and heavy. :rolleyes:

I'm replacing tie rod ends this weekend and a friend is also building me a new adjustable drag-link. Not sure if this will fix my shakes at 40-50kph but the joints are shot and need to be done. The shake is speed specific/not RPM specific. I can go through 40-50 kph with little shake if I am easy on the skinny pedal or am building speed by coasting downhill.

With Mangus now closed up I need to find a new shop to do an alignment. It is a simple toe in/toe out. Anybody got any recommendations of places and what prices to expect? I know I am not going to find someone like Mangus who would just charged me $50. But it would be good to have a ball park idea on the the price to expect. Curtis Tire gave me a price of $79 plus tax. Seems reasonable.

Hopefully new ends and a new damper (the OME only last 3 years with very little wheeling) will be the end of my search for this vibration. The drive-line appears to be all good. The only thing I have left is to remove the engine mounts and inspect them.

You just gotta hit the report button and someone will open it up.... seems to be a common thing on the other threads that are closed... according to woody.

Will be following this also

Fountain Tire is $75 plus tax and they do a good job. Took my Jeep there and all my cars.

loose slip joints,worn king pin bearings ,or tranny mounts, would be on my check list too

Slip yoke looks okay but will give it a shot of grease and may pull the drive shaft to look closer and perhaps go for a drive in 4H. Already checked the tranny and t-case mounts and they were fine. There is no wheel play, no steering wheel wobble and no leaking on the swivel joints, so i think the king pin bearings are fine as are the wheel bearings.

But thanks for the recommendations. :beer:

I used RPM Alignment and Repairs across from Cdn Tire. They've treated me well.

gb

if it does end up being your slip joints , and your on a dime budget you can tighten them up by running a weld bead around the back of the outside spline the one at the end of the spline . bit of a backyard butcher but it works and makes a stronger trail spare if nothing else

I've had really good success with Greenacres wheel alignment in Chilliwack. The guys in there all have loads of experience and can sort out problems other shops can't/won't bother with.

if it does end up being your slip joints , and your on a dime budget you can tighten them up by running a weld bead around the back of the outside spline the one at the end of the spline . bit of a backyard butcher but it works and makes a stronger trail spare if nothing else

Good to know.

I have used RPM as well, also treated me well ...
Just used Vancover Axel and Frame,came highly recommended .... very happy with there work

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom