SOLD 2007 Fj Cruiser Northern Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2007 FJ Cruiser Automatic 4x4, A-trac, Rear diff locker, convenience package and upgrade #1 package. I pulled it off the market to address a front wheel bearing, but it's back in tip top shape. 183k miles and I drive it an hour plus one way 2 -3 times a week. It has a lot of info on toyota owners service history, but I have also done a ton throughout my ownership. Fly in and drive home, 100% confident in its reliability. Zero leaks. Runs great. It's 12 years old so it will need things I'm sure, but nothing I can foresee.

I have been a Toyota guy for years and a gear head in general. The FJ40 and FJ60 in photos are mine too.

This vehicle has not been abused and it has been my daily driver for over a year. I have gone through it front to back and have done a ton of preventative maintenance, as well as fixed small issues that I found over the last year.

Tacoma wheels with Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 All-Season Tire - 265/70R17 113S tires; tires have about 15k miles on them now and have been rotated every 5k with another 30-40k tread life left.

In the past year:

New front calipers

Serviced Transfer case and Rear Differential (new diff plug and axle vent in rear)

I had Toyota do a transmission flush with the BG cleaner and full Toyota WS fluids; it had the ever so slightest shutter at 20-25 mph only when accelerating at a turtle's pace, but it hasn't done it since the service. I read up on it and everyone just said it was old fluid, which in my case it was.

New PCV valve, NGK plugs, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, LED headlights, LED mirror lights, Roof rack Seal kit installed, Bug deflector vent, New windshield with roof trim (Safelite), both gas tank straps were replaced with OEM Toyota parts, new antenna grommet and cowling clips.

Oil changes every 5k with full synthetic Mobile 1 oil and OEM Toyota filter.

I just replaced both front hubs complete with bearings and lugs, brake dust shields, and E-coated rotors with ceramic brake pads. I replaced both Calipers this summer. I'll probably do the valve covers next when I have time.

Has a history of a front driver's side impact back in 2012. I didn't know it when I bought it, but Carmax told me had a history of front left impact. I just listed it on ebay and the autocheck doesn't show any accidents ever.... I think Carmax was trying to scam me!! Drives perfect so who knows, it doesn't look like any repairs have ever been made either. Clean title.

I had to top off the R-134a this summer, but otherwise I have never had an AC issue. When this happened only the middle vent was blowing cold. It took a negligible amount to top it off.

I'll add more as I remember. $10k. Buy it, lift it, add some aftermarket parts and still be under the value of some I've seen for sale locally. Willing to consider fair offers.

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_20190917_075822.jpg

IMG_20190917_075850.jpg

IMG_20190917_075544.jpg

IMG_20190917_075738.jpg

Last edited:
Seats are in great shape, just tossed these on it. Also I just did a round trip to Georgia and back last week. Cruised 70-75 mph and got 22 mpg (rounded up from 21.8) with the AC blasting.

A8301168-A50E-4694-888A-C8799EA74B2F.jpeg

IMG_20190910_231914_01.jpg

One of it down in Georgia last month

Body in great shape, no rust other than cheap Toyota Axle housing surface crust and some cheap metal line brackets. I cleaned the axle housing with a wire brush and put POR-15 on it a few months ago.

Last edited:
BUMP fixed wheel bearings (replaced passenger and driver's side front hubs, brake dust shields, rotors, and ceramic pads) and back on the market. $10k

IMG_20191021_111216_01.jpg
IMG_20191021_114543_01.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, ran the numbers and am willing to take a hit. Insurance costs me $500 every six months and I'm constantly doing upgrades and maintenance. Time flies so why keep wasting money on insurance when I can give someone a better deal. If nobody bites in the next couple of days it's off to ebay. I don't think there is a better one on the market for this price point, but I'm biased. I just got in valve cover gaskets and plan to swap them next week. They aren't leaking now, but they are prob due for a change.

Last edited:
So I think CarMax was scamming me. I just listed this on eBay and autocheck shows no accidents.....

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for there to be discrepancies in reported data between Autocheck and Carfax (assuming that's what Carmax was using).

It's not uncommon for there to be discrepancies in reported data between Autocheck and Carfax (assuming that's what Carmax was using).

Makes no sense to me. I can tell you all I have seen is the Autocheck through ebay and it's 100% clear of any accidents. I can only go off of that and what Carmax told me when they tried to offer me $6k. I'm a car guy and I see no signs of repair, so if it was repaired they did a great job with paint thickness, color, etc.

edit: just realized I already posted this link, but here it is again.

Last edited:
Fresh valve covers, new hoses, etc. The more I put into it the more the more the price will go up. Either I sell it or I keep it, not really concerned, but either way it will be in great shape.

IMG_20191125_151317.jpg
IMG_20191125_150815.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom