Alert Sta-Gard Coolant - Ever Heard of It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
San Diego, Discovered by The Germans in 1904
Has anyone ever heard of and perhaps used Alert Sta-Gard engine coolant? I have 4 gallons of it and was told "this is what Toyota uses" but I've never heard it. I googled it and came up with nothing. I bought it through my neighbor, who has a nephew that sells Toyota parts. He's gotten me stuff before, all OEM, so when he told me he could get me Toyota coolant for $15 a jug I was all about it.

Anyone have experience with it/know about it?

Just for giggles, I tried "Alert Sta-Gard engine coolant" in Yahoo search, to see if it came up with anything Google missed. The first non-paid link was (hahahahahahaha) a link to your Mud post above. Have you seen the packaging? Any chance you have a different spelling than the manufacturer? For instance "Star Guard" is a Chevron coolant.

Here's some pics of it.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423028994.978310.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423029041.588511.jpg

Adding quotes to my search, got me down to 17 results (of billions of Internet pages). 17 pages included "Alert Industries" and "Sta-Gard" and the word "coolant". I'm inclined to say what you already suspect. That not only doesn't appear to be "Toyota" coolant, it doesn't appear to be from a major manufacturer. Although it might in fact be an excellent product, I'd treat it as a mystery fluid.

I would buy any green coolant off the shelf, before using that "red".

Richard B Whitman owns Alert Industries, wholesaler of petroleum products. give him a call or pay him a visit:
833 West 17th St # 5
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone: (949) 548-6962

What color is it ?

Good question, I haven't opened any of them but assumed it was red. You know what happens when you assume though....the Pope wears a funny hat, or a bear takes a dump in the woods....or something like that.. I'll check when I get home.

Although it might in fact be an excellent product, I'd treat it as a mystery fluid.

I would buy any green coolant off the shelf, before using that "red".

I think I'll run over and ask my neighbors nephew what he knows about it since he's the one pimping it out. After googling around it almost seems like the folks who made it are out of business or no longer making it. Maybe he got a hold of this stuff through some sort of inventory sell off or something.

Bringing this back from the dead as it's the only hit on google. I bought a case from Toyota of Redlands as they said it was the same as Toyota Pink. It was in my garage for a couple years and I had to call @punkrockpoppa to confirm it's what we used on his project last year. Just put a new radiator in and I'm going to run it. If my LX implodes I will update this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom