Alcan Springs - Do FJ55's have a lean like 40's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wngrog Steering actually feels pretty much like it did before the lift. Factory power steering though. No shocks yet, ha ha. Just been taking it slow to settle the springs in a bit. Prob better get shocks this week.

@Ol Yeller , I bought the tires 10 or more years ago for my fj40. Planning on some BFG KM2 that are about 33x10 so I can put these back on my 40.

i'm thinking this along with new seats next year are going to be ordered...Looks amazing!

i'm thinking this along with new seats next year are going to be ordered...Looks amazing!

I had my seats recovered locally and it was $700 for both. They look so good.

that sounds like a good deal. Pics? I need to get mine redone and re-foamed.
Yes but my foam was good.
1EE2B226-7385-4224-A5B5-F2CE107203F7.jpeg
5DC673BF-1CBF-4167-9061-B6FC648E653F.jpeg

looks nice @wngrog!

@onemanarmy, those tires are avon brand I bought from Les Schwab. I think those are their house brand. They may still make them.

Alcan says they will replace a couple of leafs to get the ride up where it should have been, or they can send me some add-a-leafs. Both would stiffen the ride some, but add a leafs for sure more. I like the first solution better for ride quality. Debating what to do. If it settles some, I'll probably wish I would have had them fix it.

Get them to do it and tell them to save the formula. Let them know that there are a few people looking at this project and are waiting for them to get it right before they order

That said I would swap shackles first.

From what I’m gathering the OME FJ55 springs are short in the rear and you have to cut the rear spring hanger off and relocate it.
What I got locally was OME 60 rears and 70 fronts, was told I'd need to re-center the rear spring pad as the 60 axle center is about an inch fw of a 55.

Asfaik the set Kurt sells will have you slide the rear shackle location back along the frame some, I think 70 length front & back?

Perhaps @cruiseroutfit will chime in and set me straight...

From what I’m gathering the OME FJ55 springs are short in the rear and you have to cut the rear spring hanger off and relocate it.

Rear springs are 5" longer and ride extremely well for all the reasons you would expect a 5” longer spring to.

Moving the rear mount is half a day job.

Rear springs are 5" longer and ride extremely well for all the reasons you would expect a 5” longer spring to.

Moving the rear mount is half a day job.

And why would they make them like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom