Albuquerque Gun Ban (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am probably the oddball in this club. I am a gun owner but not advocate, and given the state of gun violence in this country, my guns will be destroyed before I transfer them to anyone, family, friends, police, or other.

Is that because you are the only one capable of keeping those evil machines from killing?

Guns are not violent and do not cause violence. People are violent. If it is in someones mind to cause harm to another they will do that harm no matter what tools they have available.

Is that because you are the only one capable of keeping those evil machines from killing?

Guns are not violent and do not cause violence. People are violent. If it is in someones mind to cause harm to another they will do that harm no matter what tools they have available.
That is true. People are violent. But easy availability of guns makes it too easy to not choose that tool. Easiest and most efficient tool to do the most damage. Sadly there are other ways of doing mass carnage as Timothy McVeigh showed in Oklahoma City.

And I am really the odd ball here because I don't currently own a gun nor have I ever owned a gun. I don't have a problem with guns and have gone shooting with friends in the past. Just never felt afraid enough or had an interest in them.

And I am really the odd ball here because I don't currently own a gun nor have I ever owned a gun. I don't have a problem with guns and have gone shooting with friends in the past. Just never felt afraid enough or had an interest in them.
I used to feel that way too. Until I had two attempts to get into my house.

That is true. People are violent. But easy availability of guns makes it too easy to not choose that tool. Easiest and most efficient tool to do the most damage. Sadly there are other ways of doing mass carnage as Timothy McVeigh showed in Oklahoma City.

While I do agree that a firearm can cause a lot of damage. I don't agree it is the easiest or the most efficient. About 40% of American households have guns. I would say knife ownership and households with bludgeoning objects are closer to 100%.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings. Maybe if I could hear the same story from different people I could trust people more.

It isn't Obama that wanted your guns, it was the whole Democratic party. They are taking our rights away a bit at a time. Just look at the anti gun laws that BITCH Grisham has pushed for and received already.

There's no apology neccessary, because I'm operating on facts and reason; not feelings. Feelings would mean lashing out in profanity about the things one doesn't agree with or understand.

*Woosh*

While I do agree that a firearm can cause a lot of damage. I don't agree it is the easiest or the most efficient. About 40% of American households have guns. I would say knife ownership and households with bludgeoning objects are closer to 100%.

Despite a 100% incidence of knives in homes, in 2018 firearm murders outnumbered knife murders in the US more than 6 to 1. And 3.5 times more than all other murder methods combined. People are the common denominator in most of society's problems. Changing human behavior is usually not the entire solution and I don't think it is here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom