Alarm System Removal Door Lock Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I removed the factory alarm system the other day (1997 US model collectors edition 80). I looked at previous threads and did not find an answer to these questions. Unfortunately, there were two wires which had to be cut from the alarm pigtail, the blue and white stripe wire and the grey wire shown below in grey circles. Unfortunately now my door locks do not work. The only door lock that works is the drivers side.

If I ground the blue and white stripe wire and press the button all the door locks will lock but not unlock. I am not sure what to do with the blue and red strip wires. They do not have a connector to plug back into. All these wires go to a body connector.

If anyone has ran into similar issue and knows the best way to hook these back up I would appreciate it!

Alarm System Removal.png

st

em

So whoever did this install, took the wires out of the main connectors, gave them a new connector and then put the wrong color wires into the old positions and used them to install to the harness. This caused quite a bit of confusion as the wire colors did not match the EWD.

To solve this just take RED-BLUE pin out of the single white connector and the grey pin out of the other connector. Then push the RED-BLUE pin into the spot the grey wire used.

The same goes for the BLUE-RED wire. Push blue-white wire pin out of main connector replace it with the blue-red wire.

You could just splice them back together but it was easy enough to push the pins out and then feed them back in.

Good sleuthing!
Glad I didn't have those issues. Mine was literally "un-plug and play".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom