Alarm Issue on 97 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I have an issue with the alarm system and hope someone will suggest a remedy. The issue is very intermittent, sometimes it beeps and sometime it just locks/unlocks without any beeping sound. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex

Do a quick search in the 80-series section on "piezo"

That will net you some info and somewhere in one of the threads is info on the "beeper", getting a new one (whether like the original or from Radio Shack), and replacing it. Mine is intermittment on the LX, non-existant on the 80, but I've just learned to live with it until I find the time to seriously go about replacing it, if ever :)

Sounds like the problem I had on my LX450 about 4 years ago. The dealer determined that the piezo was malfunctioning & replaced it under the extended warranty that I had on it at the time.

Good luck.

I had the same problem and found the common issue of the piezo failure through a "search".

Many tried different piezos that they had to then wire into the system. It is located just adjacent to the master cylinder near the firewall.

I got my replacement through Toyota which was not that much more money and was a direct plug in replacement.

Now I dont have to confirm visually with the parking lights every time when using the remote - life is good now :)

This is why i enjoy my AM alarm 2-way :)

I ordered one for my wife's LX from American Toyota thinking it would be plug and play. Unfortunately it wasn't. The new piezo came w/ about 6' of wire and I had to cut and splice it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom