Alarm Gremlin 98 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searching for solutions or advice here. I have a 98 LC with an occasional Alarm Gremlin. Every once in say 20 times I unlock the vehicle from my fob the alarm goes off. At first I thought it was just my fob (cheap aftermarket) so I switched with my wife and it didn't go off for awhile but now it is doing it again. Somewhere I saw that there were similar issues solved by the lock sensor on the back of the lock cylinder in the driver, passenger, or tailgate was loose. I checked all of these. I was also going to clean them too but didn't because they were clipped in so tight and the space to work was so tight I didn't want to risk breaking the tabs trying to get the sensor off. The only one that wasn't 100% solid was the one in the tailgate. With downward force it giggled just a little. Nothing broken, it just looks to be not as solid as the rest so I figure that is just the way it is. I also checked the driver wiring harness between the door and car under the rubber boot a few months back and I did have some broken wire insulation but no broken wires. I used some electrician's tape on the wire where the insulation was missing and put it all back together. Honestly I could care less if the alarm even functions so if someone has clear instructions on how to permanently disable that would be fine too as long as the entire dash does not need to come up. I still want the fob and automatic locks to work as well.

It is probably due to weak actuator motors not fully disengaging the lock/sensor. Try hitting the unlock button two or three times before you attempt to open the door and see if that works. You can also unlock it manually with the key and see if you get the alarm.

Mine will also set off the alarm intermittently. I use the key-in-door instead of remote and it will still set it off a couple times per month. Just installed a new main battery and a couple days later the alarm went off again using the key. Did I read somewhere that there is a relay related to the alarm that could be going bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom