Alarm goes off in bad weather, why?

Visit site
A few months ago it was pooring rain outside, and I could not arm my alarm without it immediately going off, and now its snowing like a mofo, and same problem. Is it just moisture getting to the electronics? Is there a way to fix this problem?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I couldnt find a search string that would give me anything useful....

Visit site
I assume you are refering to the factory alarm. I have an after market one fitted and have the same problem. Whenever we get heavy rain or I wash it whilr the alarm is set it goes off. It seems to be the switch fitted under the bonet

Visit site
Spray some WD-40 (not a lubricant by the way - it is a "water displacement" formula thus the WD - I'm always on that kick) on the alarm sensor mounted back and center on the hood. You are probably tripping a ground over and over and causing the problem. Might be a good idea to spray the other sensors but as Aussie mentioned, that one there, becuase it sticks straight up is sometimes sorta tricky. HTH. :cheers:

Ohh, yer battery terminals and cables must be completely clean and totally tightened or else this will also work against you. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom