Alarm Experts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 lx 450 with the rs 3000 alarm and harness. I removed the alarm and harness and connected back the factory connection. I still get a no start with the door locks cycling on 3 or 4 times. New reman rock auto deso starter and new fusable links. Pics of the harness I removed. Am I missing something elese I need to remove? I'm freaking stumped.
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg

Why did you remove the rs3000? And what do you mean by cycling the door locks 3/4 times...pressing the lock/unlock button multiple times? I read somewhere on one of these threads about turning the key on/off multiple times when dealing with issues involving this alarm.

I’m generally curious about this because my cruiser just got flooded by a recent hurricane and the alarm system went off (only a single constant horn tone) so I had to disconnect the battery and now I can’t get it to start. Leaning towards the alarm system getting wet but I’m not exactly sure so I’ve been doing some research. Sorry I’m no help to your particular issue but following this thread in case any good info pops up.

Why did you remove the rs3000? And what do you mean by cycling the door locks 3/4 times...pressing the lock/unlock button multiple times? I read somewhere on one of these threads about turning the key on/off multiple times when dealing with issues involving this alarm.

I’m generally curious about this because my cruiser just got flooded by a recent hurricane and the alarm system went off (only a single constant horn tone) so I had to disconnect the battery and now I can’t get it to start. Leaning towards the alarm system getting wet but I’m not exactly sure so I’ve been doing some research. Sorry I’m no help to your particular issue but following this thread in case any good info pops up.
I was getting occasional no starts which kept getting worse and worse and all the threads I read indicated , Bad ground, bad plunger/contacts in the starter and mostly delete factory alarms system.

I just uncovered this in the dash. Is this part of the alarm system?
IMG_0070.jpg

I was getting occasional no starts which kept getting worse and worse and all the threads I read indicated , Bad ground, bad plunger/contacts in the starter and mostly delete factory alarms system.

I just uncovered this in the dash. Is this part of the alarm system?View attachment 2401058
No. That's related to your CDL.

If you plug that into a slightly modified hazard switch, you can lock and unlock your CDL at will. However, you need to do the pin 7 mod in the left kick panel at the same time for best results.

The only part of the alarm system that keeps the starter from engaging is the theft deterrent relay S12 located in the left kick panel. Im not sure how the harness is built but it looks to me that if you remove the relay without jumpering the correct pins the starter wont run. Pins 2 and 4 need to be connected to complete the circuit to the Park / Neutral switch. The alarm opens this connection when a breach is detected.
The EWD is invaluable.

The only part of the alarm system that keeps the starter from engaging is the theft deterrent relay S12 located in the left kick panel. Im not sure how the harness is built but it looks to me that if you remove the relay without jumpering the correct pins the starter wont run. Pins 2 and 4 need to be connected to complete the circuit to the Park / Neutral switch. The alarm opens this connection when a breach is detected.
The EWD is invaluable.
So if I wanted test to see if that was the problem, Could I remove the relay and jumper pins 2 & 4?

No. That's related to your CDL.

If you plug that into a slightly modified hazard switch, you can lock and unlock your CDL at will. However, you need to do the pin 7 mod in the left kick panel at the same time for best results.
My results may vary :bounce2:

Have you located the 4 pin black connector to the theft deterrent relay? The EWD shows that looking into the end of the connector with the clip on top that pins 2 and 4 are on the right top and bottom. Pin 2 should have 12 volts when starting. Check that first. It looks like connecting pins 2 to 4 sends 12 volts to the starter solenoid through the Park/Neutral switch...when starting. You should understand what you are doing....find the EWD and confirm before jumpering.

96 lx 450 with the rs 3000 alarm and harness. I removed the alarm and harness and connected back the factory connection. I still get a no start with the door locks cycling on 3 or 4 times. New reman rock auto deso starter and new fusable links. Pics of the harness I removed. Am I missing something elese I need to remove? I'm freaking stumped. View attachment 2401010

Why is there a connector in the back of this picture not plugged in? Just below the bracket on the right

Why is there a connector in the back of this picture not plugged in? Just below the bracket on the right
On the LX 450 they are pre wired for everything as I understand it. All the alarm delete threads I have read say to disco the rs 3000 harness and find the appropriate connector to plug into the other side which was the 12 pin connector in the foot well back at the firewall. I could be wrong on this but that's the way I read it.

Have you located the 4 pin black connector to the theft deterrent relay? The EWD shows that looking into the end of the connector with the clip on top that pins 2 and 4 are on the right top and bottom. Pin 2 should have 12 volts when starting. Check that first. It looks like connecting pins 2 to 4 sends 12 volts to the starter solenoid through the Park/Neutral switch...when starting. You should understand what you are doing....find the EWD and confirm before jumpering.

I think so, Denso part # 056700-8250 which was part of the RS3000 harness that I yanked out.

I have not read the disconnect threads... An EWD for an FZJ80 without the alarm would be useful to know whats going on. Without the alarm installed there needs to be a path for 12 volts from the ignition switch to the park/neutral switch to the starter solenoid...I think. Keep us posted.

I have a hard time getting a good view of the pics and what's in them. I just removed the rs3000 from my 97 FZJ80. It looks like you are missing a lot of harness. You have to remove the lower dash to get to them, but right at the ignition switch is a large cable connector that connects the switch to the main harness. My memory isn't the best but i think the connector is white. Plugged into that was a black connector. Just adjacent to them was a same size black connector plugged into a white connector to the main harness. Unplug the blacks from the white and connect the white connectors. Now the switch is connected to the main harness. The black connectors had about 3 feet of wiring on them I don't see in your last pic. I had to look at the ignition switch wiring a long time before I figured out those connectors went together. Looking at pic 3 there is a black connector connected to a white connector covered in foam tape with a big black wire with a red tracer. That wire is the main starter wire I think. Unplug that and look for it's corresponding connector.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
I have a hard time getting a good view of the pics and what's in them. I just removed the rs3000 from my 97 FZJ80. It looks like you are missing a lot of harness. You have to remove the lower dash to get to them, but right at the ignition switch is a large cable connector that connects the switch to the main harness. My memory isn't the best but i think the connector is white. Plugged into that was a black connector. Just adjacent to them was a same size black connector plugged into a white connector to the main harness. Unplug the blacks from the white and connect the white connectors. Now the switch is connected to the main harness. The black connectors had about 3 feet of wiring on them I don't see in your last pic. I had to look at the ignition switch wiring a long time before I figured out those connectors went together.
Hope this helps
That makes a lot of sense, all the uninstall threads mention a tap into the ignition wires but I couldnt find anything. I think you might have nailed it!

On the LX 450 they are pre wired for everything as I understand it. All the alarm delete threads I have read say to disco the rs 3000 harness and find the appropriate connector to plug into the other side which was the 12 pin connector in the foot well back at the firewall. I could be wrong on this but that's the way I read it.

There shouldn't be anything left disconnected like that, I'm pretty sure. I removed the factory alarm in my LX and replaced it with a remote starter. Please look at this thread I made on the subject, and definitely review both the pictures and the spreadsheet that I link to. Pay close attention to the ignition cutoff relay. There are connectors that need to be connected for that relay to function, and that relay needs to function for your vehicle to start.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom