Alarm clock?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 96 LX does not have an alarm clock, just a regular clock. not sure about other years but I doubt it.

My 94 has an alarm clock, I believe.....would have to go check, just remember thinking hmmm.....

I have no idea of how it works or if it works--I just use the clock function. This is on my 1994.

Last edited:
idk why they have them, but its pretty cool

Here's a link to a post I started a LONG time ago when we had our 92 with the stopwatch/alarm clock. I wish our 97 had one, it's pretty cool!

never thought about having a stop clock or alarm in my 80 but that is neat :doh:

took a look on ebay,

this 95 looks like the same clock as mine, H, M, and 00

0f_4.JPG

and a 94

683363_29.jpg

looks like the clock change happened with the dash change,

Wow- yet another item changed from the 93-94 to the 95-97 model years. Must've been more cost-cutting. ;)

the stop watch goes to 20 minutes. never used the alarm

LX_TREME said:
RT, off the topic but check out the gauge oil temp on the top left side :eek: ...thats pretty high...hope the gauge wrong..

On the 95? I am not aware of any oil temp gage from the factory. I think you may have misstated.

I can’t see the water temp needle, the oil pressure gage looks about where mine goes to when at cold idle, maybe it is a needle width higher

alaskacruiser said:
Wow- yet another item changed from the 93-94 to the 95-97 model years. Must've been more cost-cutting. ;)

Maybe cost cutting, maybe due to the space available in the new dash, loots narrower and taller on the 95 than in the 94,

RavenTai said:
On the 95? I am not aware of any oil temp gage from the factory. I think you may have misstated.

I can’t see the water temp needle, the oil pressure gage looks about where mine goes to when at cold idle, maybe it is a needle width higher.
The first pic you posted (not the second one thou) oh well..i didnt know that was
start @ cold idle..thought the engine warm already :D Noprob.

RavenTai said:

I can’t see the water temp needle, the oil pressure gage looks about where mine goes to when at cold idle, maybe it is a needle width higher

Maybe cost cutting, maybe due to the space available in the new dash, loots narrower and taller on the 95 than in the 94,

Raven,

Your word is as good as gold on this forum, but "the oil pressure gage looks about where mine goes to when at cold idle," your oil pressure is above 3/4 at idle?

I have 300k on mine and it sits at 1/4 (on a good day) when cold at idle with 15w-40.

I assume by other posts 1/4 was normal, but then again maybe my memory isn't up to snuff?!?

If you don't mind can you confirm?

Bear80 said:
Both pictures are from EBAY, none are RavenTais'. I'm sure that 95 was just cranked befor the picture was taken.

Then if you don't mind me asking, at idle what does your cruiser's oil pressure measure?

ultimauk said:
Raven,

Your word is as good as gold on this forum,

Thanks, but I don’t think I would go that far, I try but still seam to F-up on a regular basis,

but "the oil pressure gage looks about where mine goes to when at cold idle," your oil pressure is above 3/4 at idle?

I have 300k on mine and it sits at 1/4 (on a good day) when cold at idle with 15w-40.

I assume by other posts 1/4 was normal, but then again maybe my memory isn't up to snuff?!?

If you don't mind can you confirm?

My gage is divided into thirds, on cold start the oil pressure goes to the 2/3 mark, (similar to the 95 pic above) sometimes just above it sometimes just below, does not matter if idle or higher RPM it pegs to close to the 2/3 mark, this is the pressure the oil pump relief valve opens at, it ports the excess oil back to the inlet of the pump.

As the oil heats up it remains at the 2/3 mark wile driving until idle or lower RPM, IIRC it comes off of pegged at about 2k, the lower the RPM the lower the pressure until idle where it hovers around the 1/3 mark, sometimes above sometimes below, as soon as it comes off of pegged the relief valve has closed and all oil pumped is delivered to the engine. The pressure them becomes variable a function of pump rpm and viscosity.

If yours does not make the half way mark wile driving (2-3K RPM) I would look into it, it could just be indication, either the gage or sender, Robbie of this board had low indicated pressure and figured it was just bad indication but lost a bearing due to oil starvation, turned out to be the oil pressure relief spring, after reading about this I replaced my relief spring and plunger as preventative maintenance, with the gasket it was around $10-$20 and an easy 1 banana job.

You can plum in a mechanical gage to confirm the dash readings, I was looking at Instigator's 97 a few days ago, He has one mounted permanently under the hood, at hot idle was around 40PSI, raised the RPM witch pegged inside gage, and the mechanical gage read 100PSI :eek:, oil system on the 1FZ is way overbuilt.

If not the relief valve or indication it could be something worn or damaged in the engine, worn main bearings will give low oil pressure,

What the 96LX Owners Manual has to say

oilgage.gif

Note the pink highlights denoting a Lexi manual, still looking for my OEM pink panties, I think the PO still has them. I did not get the flat key either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom