SOLD Alabama, 1977 FJ40 (Reduced)03/03/2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Red
For sale is my 1977 FJ40. I drug this out of a barn in Buck Creek ,Al in 2016 and have been doing a frame up restoration ever since. She has a great running 2F with 4 speed trans. Too many things to list but top has new drip rail, new weatherstripping except for the front windshield, front seats been reupholstered, all lights work and harness in good shape, new dizzy from city racer, also new oem radiator, new hoses water pump,t-stat etc. Holley carb setup with headers, carb cleaned and runs great, new brake pads and shoes and rear wheel cylinders, new master cylinder. Front and rear axles rebuilt with new bearings, seals and has warn hubs on front axle As well as new tie rod ends on steering. She drives great. PO did springover And she is tall and pretty on 15 inch Toyota wheels with New BFG KO 2, 33x10.5xR15 Tires with mini truck power steering.

A lot of the work done can be found on here, search Redneck FJ40. She is not perfect and I have tried to respect her history in trying to restore her to a great daily driver but she did turn out very nice. Also all of the emblems are new, all of the switches and cables work as well as speedometer and gauges with exception of oil pressure which has dash pressure gauge. Also has short rear jump seats.

I have receipts and this 40 is thankful for the many vendors and friends on here from all over the Country and Japan that have made this machine come back to life.

Should be around $29000.00 (Reduced to $26999) 02/09/2020(Reduced to $24999 03/03/2020

I thought I would put on here for sale so hopefully a mud person who loves these machines will buy it.

313D2286-5F20-4750-9FF2-C8413B2CE933.jpeg

F6E84C2E-0A84-4122-83B1-AD9B39417900.jpeg

AE2D55BD-005D-4274-AB91-35CBDF2D3E41.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. I’m over in Enterprise.

Going back about 6-8 years ago, or more, was this the 40 sitting in the side lot at Andalusia Tire?
I really don’t know but that is possible. I bought her in fall of 2016. Ugly and top and doors rusted out. Tub and rear in good shape. Spent a lot of time getting new steel from Ccot and cutting and stitch welding to replace rusted things. Also got some top parts that were too far gone to repair from mud members. She is a very nice solid truck.

This is a very nice FJ40! Need to move it. Thanks

Does it come with a Stetson ?

Nice save Adog. Your restoration looks great.

My suggestion would be to get a new OEM bumper or paint your black one OEM ash grey metallic to match your bumperettes in back.
Best of luck

Price Reduced to $26999 on 02/09/2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom