AJIK Spare Tire Carrier 2015 Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be contacting each buyer in order of the initial payment received and shipping in the same order. Please use this time to make any updates, shipping address change, etc. Thanks again guys for your patience- Josh

1. jtmosca /DS Shipped
2. Lookman / PS Shipped
3. KellyC / PS Shipped
4. gsdog2 / PS Shipped
5. Tedward / DS Shipping
6. Landtank / DS Shipped
7. badfish / PS In Process (Customer requested hold on shipping until 28 Aug.)
8. 96Cruiser / PS Shipped
9. koifish / PS Shipped
10. tlc4ever / PS Shipped

GROUP BUY IS CLOSED.

Group buy price is open for 10 units. Retail price with powder coating is typically $839. We are able to offer powder coating WITH each unit for a total group buy price of $778./ea. carrier. Each unit must be paid 50% up front and the remaining 50% prior to shipping. (Shipping is additional per unit and will require DIRECT SIGNATURE. If you have a commercial address that can be used this does help with shipping cost- you are responsible for ALL arrangements for this "ship to" method. ) Please post interest in this thread and note which side carrier you would like fabricated email us at the address below for invoicing:

Invoicing will be emailed once 10 units have been requested.

(Please include your ih8mud name/handle in email subject.)
josh@ajikoverlandexchange.com

Mongolia33.jpg

Product Highlights:

Weight 85lbs Bolt on application.

Hi-Lift jack holder.

35" tire capacity.

Spring loaded locking pin.

Rattle free.

Adjustable offset wheel mount.

Additional Product Information:

1-3/4" Heavy Duty spindle with DOM housing assembly, zerk grease fitting.

Heavy Duty latch Spring loaded locking pin

Grade 8 hardware for carrier construction Stainless steel mounting hardware for latch and stops

3- Lug nuts

3/16” upper and ¼” lower arm wall construction

1-1/2" DOM vertical tire carrier tube construction

Tire mount adjustable for selected tire width and offset

35" Tire Capacity (Maximum) Hi-Lift Mount (For use with Hi-Lift ALL cast or Extreme jack only, not compatible with the cast/steel, other recovery jack systems.)

US Passenger or Driver side installation.

Group List:

1. gsdog2/PS
2. 96Cruiser/PS
3. Tedward/DS
4. landtank/DS
5. koifish/ PS
6. jtmosca/DS
7. LOOKman PS
8. badfish138/ PS
9. tlc4ever/ PS
10. KellyC/ Carrier side to be determined.

tire swing out standard hitch.jpg

Last edited:
im in as well, passenger side email sent

doug hunt

I am in as well. Driver side. I sent an email asking if the carrier would interfere with my existing hitch. Then saw a pic that showed it will not interfere. I will email you to make the deposit.

I am in. Uncertain as to pros / cons of Driver's side vs Passenger side. Any input would be appreciated.

Im in - passenger side

I am in. Uncertain as to pros / cons of Driver's side vs Passenger side. Any input would be appreciated.

A pro for drivers side: rear visibility
A pro for passenger side: swings out of the way of traffic if on side of road.

My reason for choosing passenger side is because i park on the left side of the garage so i needed the carrier to swingout to the right.

Driver's side works for me. I'll be cautious if I'm on the side of the road...

I prefer the DS for when I'm parallel parked and need to get something out of the back. With the tire swung out, the carrier is usually out beyond the tail gate and if there is a parked car behind you it kind of gets in the way of getting to the side walk.

Last edited:
Rick, Thanks for the input. I decided on a Driver's side as well. (even though the list above says PS???)

Does anyone know how far past the OEM hitch a 315/75 tire would stick? I believe the OEM hitch is the rearmost point on my truck, and I have a tight garage squeeze. I'm guessing it's another 10" or so?

Does anyone know how far past the OEM hitch a 315/75 tire would stick? I believe the OEM hitch is the rearmost point on my truck, and I have a tight garage squeeze. I'm guessing it's another 10" or so?
@FXJ 96 I'd say take the width of your tire and add that to the end of the bumper. It looks like it lines up that way according to this picture:
6823CA02-2970-46B8-ADF9-D09A2ADFFD58-259-00000022009AEDFC.jpg

I agree - a 315/75 is actually about 12.5" wide. Not sure I can swing (pun) this. And only one spot left!

so sad. ended up with a hiccup in my headgasket job, and caved in last week and had it towed to the shop. likely looking at a bill that will exceed the cost of this long awaited rear tire carrier. hate it so much. josh i think i emailed you like 2 years ago about this, and was so pumped to see this all come together.

so sad. ended up with a hiccup in my headgasket job, and caved in last week and had it towed to the shop. likely looking at a bill that will exceed the cost of this long awaited rear tire carrier. hate it so much. josh i think i emailed you like 2 years ago about this, and was so pumped to see this all come together.

Thank you for your continued support for the carrier, when you are ready to order feel free to email us to purchase. This group buy will help us keep the carrier in stock.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom