Aison or Rochester carburetor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please give me some advice on my carburetor situation. I currently have an after market Rochester carb in my 1976 fj40, and I was wondering if I should keep it, and have it rebuilt or go back to the original Carburetor?

4A7465E3-2B4B-4DE4-9A61-D2CD84D08346.png

Short answer: Dump the Rochester. And for a more detailed response do a ‘Search’ on the OEM Aisin carb.

That isn't a Rochester, it is a Weber. It is a good carb, but, I'd imagine that nine out of ten installs fall short in one aspect or another.

Good luck getting an original '76 carb with a non-leaky choke breaker. Also, you will probably need the insulator/heat shield, most of the the air cleaner assembly, and, ideally, some metal line to the fuel pump and a metal line back to the tank.

Maybe, the made in Japan City Racer carb is a better option, but you will have to convert it to throttle linkage, or convert the 40 to cable throttle.

Where is this '76 at in regards to driveability? It looks like more than a carb project, regarding the engine. Was that Weber fitted with an air cleaner assembly?

Welcome to Mud.

I had/have a great running Weber. Swapped it for a Aisin properly rebuilt. I went from 8 to 14 mpg.

City Racer carb is a better option — good way too go!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom