AISIN vs OEM 1fz-fe fan backspacing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently put my fan through my radiator :( anyways went ahead a ordered a spanking new one from rockauto figured the AISIN was more than likely the same as the new OEM i had put on the day I put it through the rad. Anyways they seem to have a drastic difference in mount backspacing.... anybody know why this is? the backspacing is beneficial for me as i dont want to put another fan through a rad but at the same time the clearance is really tight now with the supercharger tensioner and pully... not sure if its too tight to run... looking for opinions...

The one that sits father back on the fan clutch in the AISIN one from rockauto... Both have the AISIN branding on them.

Cheers! :beer:

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

Last edited:
Nevermind I'm an idiot and looked into the OEM part number some more, I have the wrong fan.

The TRD supercharger came with a different fan for the exact reason your are concerned about. A stock fan will be too close to the radiator. The fan included in the supercharger was a ringed fan from some earlier model Toyota. It was not not a very efficient fan so I think it was @cruiserdan came up with using a 3FE fan. Still not the best fan for cooling capacity but worked. After that @landtank came up with using a modified orange fan clutch that had a machined hub to use the stock fan. Based upon what you have will determine the proper fan to use. The @landtank modified fan clutch can be purchased through Joey @ Wits-End.

The TRD supercharger came with a different fan for the exact reason your are concerned about. A stock fan will be too close to the radiator. The fan included in the supercharger was a ringed fan from some earlier model Toyota. It was not not a very efficient fan so I think it was @cruiserdan came up with using a 3FE fan. Still not the best fan for cooling capacity but worked. After that @landtank came up with using a modified orange fan clutch that had a machined hub to use the stock fan. Based upon what you have will determine the proper fan to use. The @landtank modified fan clutch can be purchased through Joey @ Wits-End.

Thanks. Running the modified diesel clutch already

That pulley may be put on backwards. Try turning it around. There is an offset to those and instinctively they are put on as that one is.

thanks rick ill give that a try this evening!

That's the fan part number for a 1HD-FTE engine. Not a 1FZ-FE.

Thanks Onur, noticed that too after some further investigation, the fan was from a friend and originally i had cross-reference the part number on ToyoDIY and thought i had seen that it works on both the 1HD and the 1FZ but i guess i was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom