Aisin Hubs Axle Groove Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I just wrapped up my birf overhaul with the new Aisin hubs on my 97 LX450. I had the 2nd groove machined on my axle and everything went great until I had to put the snap rings on. the new groove and ring seated perfectly but I wasn't sure if I still needed the original clip. The outer selector switch will not fit with the original groove occupied. I searched and couldn't find anything about using the original groove so I just left it empty after ensuring that the hub was secure with the new groove and clip. It test drove perfectly.

Am I correct to assume that the original groove remains empty when doing this mod on a 97?

Yes.

Great, thanks!

Thanks, I couldn't find a torque setting for the outer screws either. I finally came across 7 lbs somewhere on the Internet but I was working around 15-20 lbs at first and it didn't feel right. Didn't see any damage but are the hub bodies aluminum or steel?

Thanks, I couldn't find a torque setting for the outer screws either. I finally came across 7 lbs somewhere on the Internet but I was working around 15-20 lbs at first and it didn't feel right. Didn't see any damage but are the hub bodies aluminum or steel?

Steel & 7ft-lbs

Cool, thanks. I set them at 7lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom