Aisin Hub bolt (small outer one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Snapped it right off when i was putting everything back together after i did my Knuckles. :eek:

How should i get the bolt shaft out? Its sticking out a little from the Hub housing.

Where should i get a new one? This is the smallest part I've had to replace so far!

By the way - I want to thank everyone on here for all of their help. You guys are awesome. Im getting a little silver star real soon!

vice grips if you can. Heat and cooling, penetrating oil.

do NOT use a ez out.. Those things are the devil..

I assume it snapped when you were installing it, from over-torquing it. If this is the case, and you can't grab it with a pair of pliers, then what I suggest is one of those nifty extractor bit things that Sears sells. I have a set and they work pretty well on stuff like this, where the stub isn't rusted in.

no nifty extractor bit thing..

Reverse drill bit and retap..

I Snapped it right off when i was putting everything back together after i did my Knuckles. :eek:

How should i get the bolt shaft out? Its sticking out a little from the Hub housing.

Where should i get a new one? This is the smallest part I've had to replace so far!

By the way - I want to thank everyone on here for all of their help. You guys are awesome. Im getting a little silver star real soon!

From your discription this will be very easy. You snaped off the head right ? the head of the 10mm bolt, not the 12 mm. If so, simply remove all the other outside 10 mm bolts, pull the cap back off & you should have a bunch of the bolt left to get a Vice Grip on. At least if I am picturing your problem correctly.

It's a common bolt. easy to find another. Run w/o until you get a replacement.

John

Last edited:
From your discription this will be very easy. You snaped off the head right ? the head of the 10mm bolt, not the 12 mm. If so, simply remove all the other outside 10 mm bolts, pull the cap back off & you should have a bunch of the bolt left to get a Vice Grip on. At least if I am picturing your problem correctly.

It's a common bolt. easy to find another. Run w/o until you get a replacement.

John

there a commom bolt John...if you can't find one i will include one with your current order, that will be coming your way soon

Best Regards

Gord

John, send it to me when you get it!

;)

I haven't taken the cap all the way off to see how much shaft is left.

there a commom bolt John...if you can't find one i will include one with your current order, that will be coming your way soon

Best Regards

Gord

Hey Gord...this is weird... I don't need the bolt...5280Hawk does. Talk with you later re: my order.

Thanks, John

I'll still take it of youre interested Gord. I haven't found a source for it yet.

My name's Ben by the way.

I'll still take it of youre interested Gord. I haven't found a source for it yet.

My name's Ben by the way.

tell you what Ben....PM me your address and i will send you one or 2...and you can send me back a couple bucks $$ to cover the postage, if you want...

Gord

I just pulled one that i broke the same way, i was able to just grab the tip with some vice grips. I bet brokenparts's idea would work really well too.

I PM'd ya Gord, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom