Aisan carb High Speed Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have '71 and '74 carbs and was trying to figure out why one has the linkage for the high speed valve off the vac diaphram, and one does not? What would not having the high speed pivot and linkage effect in the operation of the engine/carb? thx

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have '71 and '74 carbs and was trying to figure out why one has the linkage for the high speed valve off the vac diaphram, and one does not? What would not having the high speed pivot and linkage effect in the operation of the engine/carb? thx
Never really got an answer but I did find one source that said, at least for my '72 carb, the high speed pivot actually served no purpose. So it recommended disconnecting the linkage. Haven't done that yet but carb seems to be functioning fine right now......

I finally came across a thread on our rising sun club forum that confirmed the same. I have an extra 71 carb that is missing this link and I was wondering if I had to have it to have a solid running carb? Thanks for the additional confirmation.

1611376261517.png

The circled items along with the link from the vacuum actuator are what is missing on my ‘71 carb.

On my F I have a 71 Aisan carb with a working spring loaded high speed valve stopper. When my secondary barrel kicks in, the tires will practically chirp:hillbilly: Pretty sure I've read 65swb45 and FJ40Jim believe a properly set HSV is ideal. If you run without it we'd love a report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom