Airing Down Devices for all 4 tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know I read somewhere on Mud about tools for airing down all 4 tires at the same time but have been searching for an hour now and no luck.

The kit I recall reading about included 4 gages you could preset for the desired air pressure and then just screw onto the valve stem and air down to the preset PSI.

If there are more than one of these type of kits which are the best?

I am tired of spending 10-15 mins everytime we air down the old-fashioned way.

Thanx, Jim

I just use a valve removel tool and remove it for a few seconds. Very fast. Carry spare valve inserts just in case. They are very small.

Staun deflators are AWESOME.

Screw them on, crack open a soda, wait for them to stop hissing.
Unscrew them, off you go.

Last edited:
Thanx for the replys Wes and James.

I have gone the valve stem route but worry about x-threading and dont like to have to keep checking/adjusting the PSI and having to pull out the CO2 if I go too low.

The Staun "tyre" deflators are just what I am looking for; altho a bit expensive I think I will be a lot less likley to not air down due to the hassle of doing so and in the long run save $ on wear and tear on Truck and occupants.

This link has 2 Videos that show how they operate.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/prod...ACC&prodline=4147&catName=Accessories&man=STN

Thanx again;

Jim

chukarhiker said:
Thanx for the replys Wes and James.

I have gone the valve stem route but worry about x-threading and dont like to have to keep checking/adjusting the PSI and having to pull out the CO2 if I go too low.

The Staun "tyre" deflators are just what I am looking for; altho a bit expensive I think I will be a lot less likley to not air down due to the hassle of doing so and in the long run save $ on wear and tear on Truck and occupants.

This link has 2 Videos that show how they operate.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/prod...ACC&prodline=4147&catName=Accessories&man=STN

Thanx again;

Jim

Stauns are WELL worth the money.

Mine were stolen out of my truck (but a Snap-On 1/4" socket wrench and a digital tire gague were ignored for some reason). And I have been waitinf for some spare cash to get another set.

fast air downs

Tigerstripe40 said:

I like Staun deflators ...they get it done. :cheers:

Tigerstripe40 said:

Just got mine this week from 4x4 Connection...hopefully will have them calibrated by the end of the weekend...

Slee also carries them. I like mine very much.

I made one of these. Nice to air down and great for airing up. Those staun gizmos would work great on it and you would only need one.

IMGP1885.jpg

There's an oasis version too. From what I've read, however, they're not as easy to adjust as the Stauns are.

I have Stauns and love them. Well worth the money, IMO.

spressomon said:
...hopefully will have them calibrated by the end of the weekend...

Using a bicycle tyre makes calibration much quicker than with a giant truck tyre.

-B-

The Dude said:
I made one of these. Nice to air down and great for airing up. Those staun gizmos would work great on it and you would only need one.

IMGP1885.jpg

What did the part cost for this? Does it also equalize the pressure in all 4 tires? I assume so but wanted to ask anyway.

Beowulf said:
Using a bicycle tyre makes calibration much quicker than with a giant truck tyre.

-B-

Great idea, I was going to kludge something together with a 1# propane bottle.

Heffenoche said:
What did the part cost for this? Does it also equalize the pressure in all 4 tires? I assume so but wanted to ask anyway.

I was about $50CAD. I went with barbed ends and hose clamps so that I can fix it if need be. It deflates evenly if you are on flat ground. I am always within a couple pounds from tire to tire with a digital gauge.

The real bonus is airing up. It's fast and gets you off the trail quickly.

Beowulf said:

-B-

ooooo....great idea: THANKS!

The Dude said:
I was about $50CAD. I went with barbed ends and hose clamps so that I can fix it if need be. It deflates evenly if you are on flat ground. I am always within a couple pounds from tire to tire with a digital gauge.

The real bonus is airing up. It's fast and gets you off the trail quickly.

It looks pretty straight forward except for the center inflate/deflate portion. What parts are involved there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom