Aircon leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just noticed that water comes out at the passengers feet and also underneath the car, where it's not supposed to.. I guess some hose fell off, but don't know. Hope for a good advise instead of ripping everything apart..

Regards. 😊

A/C water is supposed to drain, but not into the footwell. There’s a drain tube on the passenger firewall that’s likely clogged. Stick something in there to unclog it.

Wide view:
ECA9829B-A20C-408E-B7E9-8221416EAE63.jpeg

Detail:
9248DC74-4C61-4D45-B734-99CCBDD2DAEB.jpeg

Yeah around 70% of the time or so it's just something clogging the drain tube.

I was getting water into the passenger foot well. I ended up changing the seal outlined in the above thread. No more leaks.

How much water is supposed to drain out ? I feel like I'm getting a lot of water draining out but I'm not sure.

I cleaned the hose in engine bay and it was enough to fix the water issue in the cabin. 😊 But I realized that I don't have the cabin air filter, so I want to change the cover. Is there anything I should be aware of? Or just order a cover and filters.. 😎

I cleaned the hose in engine bay and it was enough to fix the water issue in the cabin. 😊 But I realized that I don't have the cabin air filter, so I want to change the cover. Is there anything I should be aware of? Or just order a cover and filters.. 😎
2 filters you'll need. Fyi I got a pipe extension for the a/c condensate line because it was leaking on my ahc lines and rusting them-be sure to check that out lots of water comes out. When I routed the pipe I don't think it was draining properly at first(I got cute and twisted it so it came out a hole in the frame) so water then dripped in the cabin passenger foot well. I replaced the evap gasket at that time and readjusted the pipe. Solid now. My evap gasket was probably fine but I think it got extra stress from the pipe extension.

I was also considering an extension for the drain on the outside. No need for the water to drip all-over the metal..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom