Airbags what years have them where? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 10 great years with my 80 it is time for a change to a 100. So the hunt has began and I need a little clarification. I'm in the market for a 5 speed truck so 03-07. I driven a few and like many here have said you can tell the difference. I really like the VVti motor (or I should say the extra 40hp) but we'll see if I am find one here in the NW for 25k which is proving hard.

The clarification I need is on airbags and configuration. I know later years have side airbags but what years does that cover? Is it front only or front and rear? And does airbag coverage vary between LX and LC. There are easily 4 times the number of LX for sale than LC.

This is my skiing/mt biking rig and I live in Seattle so with all the mountain and city driving I would like the most protection possible and if it costs alittle more for a later truck that's ok by me.

Thanks in advance for the help. The 80 side has been awesome and the trucks over here are really cool to see. I can't wait to find the right one.

Be sad to see this one go too.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1433210967.344205.jpg

From the Slee site in the MUD FAQs, it looks like 2003 and up had side airbags and curtain airbags as an option. They are both front and rear and the rollover sensing curtain airbags can be shut off with a switch on the dash if you really get rocking and rolling on purpose.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbieUZJ100.htm

Thanks. I thought I read all of the slee guide but I guess I missed that.

My '03 came with the optional side and curtain airbags but I'm not aware of a shut off switch. I wonder if most of them were ordered this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom