Airbags or Timbren SES? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to keep this beaut stock but the OEM springs aren’t beefy enough to handle this load well. Resting on the bump stops. What’s the ideal solution, airbags or one of the rubber spring helper jobs like the timbren?
0D8A40BE-7572-456B-A5BC-4F7D436ED986.jpeg

Airlift bags.

About $100 from Summit Racing. I use them on mine for a power wheelchair lift.

Holy crap, whats the tongue weight on that trailer, is the trunk full as well? I'm assuming this is on stock suspension as well? My vote is airbags.

Air bags man! That trailer shouldn’t have more then a 500lb tongue weight.

I almost bought that trailer about 5 months ago but I was detected when I seen the aluminum frame. Good for weight savings but I thought it’s too brittle to take it off road...let alone have to repair it.

D2D5CE22-3BA1-4CFE-A2A7-C49AC115E90B.jpeg

FA6D24F0-E60D-4635-8BC7-DDEA557E689F.jpeg

Airbags.

Because it will ride like crap empty with the Timbrens working as overload springs. With the bags you can still keep your stock ride when not towing.

Or stiffer coils but that will require a lift for significant gains in spring rate.

Airbags with a separate line for each bag. I used to install both at a former employer.

Air bags man! That trailer shouldn’t have more then a 500lb tongue weight.

I almost bought that trailer about 5 months ago but I was detected when I seen the aluminum frame. Good for weight savings but I thought it’s too brittle to take it off road...let alone have to repair it.

View attachment 2463101

View attachment 2463103
How do you like your intech explore? i've been looking at them very very closely in the last few months.. I love the fact that there is so much space inside but it is slightly taller than most of the other "overland" trailers. Have you taken it down any trails/rocks? Others that I have been cross shopping were the overkill campers SO 5-10 and offgrid trailers pando 2.0

How do you like your intech explore? i've been looking at them very very closely in the last few months.. I love the fact that there is so much space inside but it is slightly taller than most of the other "overland" trailers. Have you taken it down any trails/rocks? Others that I have been cross shopping were the overkill campers SO 5-10 and offgrid trailers pando 2.0

I didn’t pull the trigger due to the aluminum frame. By comparison, aluminum is weak and not as easy to work with.

I was really close and thought I’d try to get my hands on a Patriot toy hauler instead.

I thought the concept of the trailer would be perfect for our family. It would serve as three fold; get out of dodge/ hauler for bikes and a quad/ camper for drill weekends.

Edit: I’ll send you a PM

i would try the ome 861/862 combo, its listed as their stock height replacement springs and will give you a little bit of a lift

Update: Tried the Timbren helpers and it rode like a log truck so I went airbags and that’s the ticket. The Timbrens contacted the axle and were compressed even when unloaded so it was probably a fitment issue rather than the product itself. E-trailer refunded no issue so +1 for their customer service

Update: Tried the Timbren helpers and it rode like a log truck so I went airbags and that’s the ticket. The Timbrens contacted the axle and were compressed even when unloaded so it was probably a fitment issue rather than the product itself. E-trailer refunded no issue so +1 for their customer service
I'm curious why you still chose Timbren over airbags first, since no one here have them a thumbs up and they pointed out the exact problem you would have?

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm looking for the logic.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm looking for the logic.
Fair question... I bought both. The timbrens are as easy as removing/installing the frame bump stops so I figured I’d give them a try for science, and because you don’t have to mess with inflate/deflate/leaks. I’ve already had one bag give up, for example. Getting the bags in and out of there is a real pain in the butthole. They work well though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom