Airbag Locations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am putting in some led lighting upgrades in the interior. Already added to the rear hatch area but want to add lights in the 2nd row area, near the pillar in the picture. I see the airbag wording above the pillar and curious if the airbag comes out from the pillar or from above the pillar? Basically trying to understand what areas I should avoid fishing wire through. I don't know what I don't know and certainly don't want to f*** up an airbag or an airbag deployment area.

Any help appreciated

IMG_3067 2.jpeg

IMG_3066 2.jpeg

the side curtain air bags are accordian folded and tucked between the grab handle and the door opening, from the C pillar to the A pillar.
I think the inflator is in the A pillar
I just picked up an 03 with the side curtain air bags deployed.

ok, so steer clear of the headerliner area after I get to the 2nd row pillar. The pillar area is fair game for drilling around in??

ok, so steer clear of the headerliner area after I get to the 2nd row pillar. The pillar area is fair game for drilling around in??

headliner from the A pillar to the C pillar is a no go area.
you should be OK in the B pillar and the C pillar
A pillar is a no go area

I can post some pics on Saturday.

Fair point. I looked back at what is in there now and i ordered warm white, not cool white. I'll get those replaced. However, I've got the rear panels off, power pulled, fuse block and needed lights in the tailgate area anyway, so like any LC project, it takes on a life of its own and at this point in my life, well, most of this is honestly just because I can and it keeps me busy!

I was wrong the airbag goes all the way back to the D pillar.

DSCF4170.JPG

DSCF4171.JPG

DSCF4172.JPG

dang - ok, that was close.. thanks for the clarification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom