airbag light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,

My turn on this thread. 2001, 122k, DS belt has been a little loose as of late (not retracting on its own completely after taking off) and I've heard the steering spring here and there make a little noise these have been this way for a while. Nothing has been taken appart body or electrical-wise as of late other than lower voltages in the AM due to cold.

Out of the blue without warning SRS light comes on this am & I get Code 64 & 74 out of the Airbag trouble shooting blinking procedure.

Which is as follows:

64 (as many others here):

1700084358228.png

and 74:

1700084567170.png

Most of you here have only had one code (64) but I have both RH and LH codes. I doubt both of them went bad at the same time. Any thoughts on checking something else before ruling both of these out based on the procedure to check both?

I have a feeling maybe its something else and might be able to go further down the trouble shooting steps. Also to be clear RH refers to Passenger and LH is driverside right?

Thanks,

Sent out for service the driver side seat belt pretensioner after getting the associated code running jumpers to the diagnostics plug inside the engine bay. Installed the part and still have the airbag light on. Tried the reset by grounding tc and ab...will fast flash but airbag light still remains after. Tried unplugging battery and no dice. Getting code 64 and 74. No way both pretensioners are bad especially after having drivers side sent for service. Any advice?

This is me right now both tensioners at the same time, did you ever find the issue @Bigjayva ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom