Airbag compatible steering wheel options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m reluctantly accepting the fact that my steering wheel is beyond repair on my 96 oak, it seems due to missing areas of the rubber over the metal frame. I’m surprised but my local vintage restoration shop as well as Craft Customs all say no can do.

Looking for suggestions in sourcing a Toyota or aftermarket wheel that will accommodate or includes an airbag, thanks

Or any other ideas based on this -

B7BC336E-26D1-44B4-8BD1-3C626CF45938.jpeg

People have been putting in Camry ones in for a while. But i would bet Tacoma and early tundra as well as sequoia would have the same spline count and maybe even the same plugs.

People have been putting in Camry ones in for a while. But i would bet Tacoma and early tundra as well as sequoia would have the same spline count and maybe even the same plugs.
good suggestions, will investigate. Didn't know if there was a go-to for these wheels. I've looked at Ebay but have had such absolutely horrible luck with used items, you get them and you own them. But if I can even get an intact one and have it refurbished, that's a path

thanks

I have a camry wheel in my 1995. It's not as nice as the original (slightly small diameter, and rubber vs leather) but it was perfect because the car I pulled it off of had kept it under a cover for it's whole life. You'll need the complete wheel with the plastic trim that wraps around the back and the cruise control stalk.

good suggestions, will investigate. Didn't know if there was a go-to for these wheels. I've looked at Ebay but have had such absolutely horrible luck with used items, you get them and you own them. But if I can even get an intact one and have it refurbished, that's a path

thanks
Search eBay for LX450 steering wheel. Two refurb wheels there, for whatever that means. Not cheap though:

Everything mid-90‘s works if it looks similar.

I told about a guy in Squamish w/ a Camry wheel who never heard of Mud, and I have still an old black Lexus ‘96-97 sedan wheel that was exactly our LC wheel.

They are Legos. - If it looks close, it fits.

I’ve said it so often I sound curt now when I repeat myself.

—Sorry for that. —

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom