Air vents blowing snow (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I couldn't find anything on this, hopefully it is not a repost. My 80 has heat issues, this morning while the truck was warming up snow was actually blowing through the vents... Any ideas? the cowl was covered In snow

The air intake for the HVAC is right below the cowl. Maybe use recirculate to prevent the snow from getting sucked into the cabin or clear out the cowl first.

Chaska MN is suppose to be -11 tomorrow!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Make sure the drain plug that allows the water to drain out of the box under the blower by the passenger's feet isn't pinched or clogged and allowing water to build up in that area. I've had that cause it before on a different vehicle.

The air intake for the HVAC is right below the cowl. Maybe use recirculate to prevent the snow from getting sucked into the cabin or clear out the cowl first.

Chaska MN is suppose to be -11 tomorrow!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!
I’m up on Lake Superior north of Duluth, are you from Minnesota?

Clear the snow from your cowl. Also helps to keep from freezing inside of windshield.
Use fresh air and not the recirc. as recirc also keeps stale moist air inside which again fogs the interior glass.

If you're having a hard time keeping the glass clear try the aircon!
Our units automatically select aircon when defrost is selected. Using aircon let's you keep warm air at your cold feet.
I will also crack alternative windows to help clear the interior of damp air especially after skiing and everything and everyone is wet.
Also there is a nice little vent between your knees.
Get used to leaving your window cracked a wee bit on cold nights to help prevent your door glass from being frozen in the track.

If you're having a hard time keeping the glass clear try the aircon!
Our units automatically select aircon when defrost is selected. Using aircon let's you keep warm air at your cold feet.
I will also crack alternative windows to help clear the interior of damp air especially after skiing and everything and everyone is wet.
Also there is a nice little vent between your knees.
Get used to leaving your window cracked a wee bit on cold nights to help prevent your door glass from being frozen in the track.

Actually, these trucks do NOT auto select the AC when defrost is selected. I used to think that too.

1) Clear the snow from your cowl and hood prior to driving.
2) Set your vent to something OTHER than defrost at first until there is a little heat in the engine.
3) Slide the heat to "hot".
4) Turn on the AC button. This will dry the incoming air to make it a more effective defroster.
5) After there is a little heat in the engine, then switch to "fresh air" and to "defrost".

Actually, these trucks do NOT auto select the AC when defrost is selected. I used to think that too.

1) Clear the snow from your cowl and hood prior to driving.
2) Set your vent to something OTHER than defrost at first until there is a little heat in the engine.
3) Slide the heat to "hot".
4) Turn on the AC button. This will dry the incoming air to make it a more effective defroster.
5) After there is a little heat in the engine, then switch to "fresh air" and to "defrost".
Mine automatically turns on the ac when I select defrost. The light for the ac button comes on when I push the defrost button. If its in any other position I have to manually turn it on

Not sure about the 80's, but, most systems that I have worked on will not allow the AC clutch to engage if it is below 7 Celsius.

Do the 80's have this temp switch?

Mine automatically turns on the ac when I select defrost. The light for the ac button comes on when I push the defrost button. If its in any other position I have to manually turn it on
Maybe the LX with the auto temp system does. My LC does not.

My 97 FZ and the 91 Hdj both automatically run ac if defrost is selected no matter the temperature outside.

Here's a video of my head unit. Please excuse the blower motor noise

My 97 FZ and the 91 Hdj both automatically run ac if defrost is selected no matter the temperature outside.
Just because the AC light comes on does not mean the clutch is engaged, this is on other vehicles, not sure about LC. Pop you hood next time u are in freezing temps and see if the clutch is actually engaged, but I am going to guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom