Air pressure sensor/alarm for Airlift airbags - ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
After blowing out a second airbag while towing last week, I'm looking to install some sort of air pressure sensor/alarm for the Airlift airbags.

The current air line connections start at the schrader valve, which then goes to a T to supply air to the airbags. Simple system, to say the least.

I'd like to install something like an aftermarket TPMS sensor on the end of the schrader valve, but the ones I've seen online require some rotation to work properly. The other option is to put something inline on one of the air lines. The main feature would be to set a desired pressure (35 psi) so that some sort of alarm goes off in the cabin. For instance, I use these on my tires: Aftermarket TPMS system. A system that contains a single device like that would work fine, as I can hide the cig lighter portion in the power outlet in the center console.

I'm looking for suggestions, ideas, etc. from the wise souls here on MUD.

Fire away!

You could use a small tank and plumb in pressure line to the cabin for a mechanical 'boost' reference, or perhaps do something similar with a 3+ bar MAP sensor?

Edit, but I vote for better airbags.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom