Air Mattress in LX570??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air mattress to sleep on inside an LX570? Looks to fold all seats up/down to maximize space and sleep inside.

Any recommendations are apprecaited!

Thanks!

Yep, second the megamat. Fits perfectly with the 60 section folded down, and can’t be beat in terms of comfort level when it comes to inflatables. It’s a combination of air and foam.

Last Black Friday they ran 40-60% off which is essentially a steal!

Exped Mega mat without a doubt

Yep, second the megamat. Fits perfectly with the 60 section folded down, and can’t be beat in terms of comfort level when it comes to inflatables. It’s a combination of air and foam.

Last Black Friday they ran 40-60% off which is essentially a steal!
Standard size the right fit with 60 side down?

There's a few different sizes and models available now, both in 1 and 2P. The sizes they provide are accurate, so just measure based on your needs.

Also a second for the Megamat being the single finest sleeping surface ever created. There's now a thin model, a standard model, and a thicker model. The middle thickness is the sweet spot. Also, the Nemo Roamer (again, two sizes) is pretty much as comfortable, but easier to deflate and packs into a smaller size.

It will fit both sides, since the center thing can be folded down independently to make either side the 60 side; so yes. Borrowed pics from @Markuson . I have the LXW version and that fits as well.

D37288A8-922A-472D-8AC1-FC3809213052.png

Yes, Megamat all the way. They are so good even take the weight penalty and carry one backpacking/bike packing. Also used a megamat on my last 2 deployments. Really are the best.

Also, I bought mine through REI during Black Friday, and can vouch for the customer service. Between me and my dog poking holes in it (our fault), I have had it replaced twice with no issues. If REI you can do in store exchanges and get a replacement instantly; no questions asked. This was for the occasions when I couldn’t find the hole or couldn’t patch myself because it was so big (Tiger dug a hole over an inch in diameter).

I did not find out about the thicker model til after, but if you have a big dog (120+ lbs) that likes to dig like me, then I’d highly suggest the thick model. I’m probably going to give mine away if they do another Black Friday sale so that I can upgrade to thicker one. That Nemo roamer looks nice as well!

I’ve got the Oztent Rivergum. The idea is the same as Megamat, and it works well too!

D6993FD7-CD18-4B39-B619-2CFC73BD5758.jpeg

Do you guys sleep with a window cracked? Assuming rig has to be off for safety reasons. New to in car camping, any tips on how to stay cool / warm depending on outside weather?

Do you guys sleep with a window cracked? Assuming rig has to be off for safety reasons. New to in car camping, any tips on how to stay cool / warm depending on outside weather?

You'll want to crack a window, otherwise there is limited airflow in the vehicle. Nice thing about the 100 series is the air vents in the rear. Might be most economical to just crack the moonroof.

There's a few different sizes and models available now, both in 1 and 2P. The sizes they provide are accurate, so just measure based on your needs.

Also a second for the Megamat being the single finest sleeping surface ever created. There's now a thin model, a standard model, and a thicker model. The middle thickness is the sweet spot. Also, the Nemo Roamer (again, two sizes) is pretty much as comfortable, but easier to deflate and packs into a smaller size.
Nemo Roamer also has a lifetime warranty.

Here is one way:

I might put up a fan too at window help circulate more cold/hot air into awning room. I do carry a little gas inverter generator with me. Sportsman makes a 1000w version that is only 25 lbs. I went with a champion 2000w since I have a ton of electronic equipment that needs power in addition to AC unit.

Before that I slept with hatch open/12V endless breeze fan blowing into the car from the tailgate.

There is also these guys if you want to open windows without letting bugs in:

Qualizzi XL/Car Windows Sun Shades for SUVs Windows up to 21-22in x 46-50in. Mesh Shade Socks for Baby. Car Window Screens for Camping. Covers Fully (2-Pack) Amazon product ASIN B07HYXZYMN
78F37F9C-5C06-458B-8A4E-6E7008500A09.jpeg

E71250AB-AA9C-4588-B5B3-E91917C3771D.jpeg

Last edited:
A certain amount of air circ is necessary to prevent condensation buildup on interior windows.

Anyone have a model number on the Exped Megamat Outfitter that fits the 60 fold down of the 200? They make a few different sizes.

Anyone have a model number on the Exped Megamat Outfitter that fits the 60 fold down of the 200? They make a few different sizes.

Seems like they’re sold out everywhere. Most vendors are offering pre-orders only.

Understood, but still need the model number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom