air lift air bags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just had the air lift air bags put on yesterday. It rides better than stock!! I'll find out over the 4th how well it levels the camper.

DN

Assume you are just talking about the Airlift bags in the rear coils. I've used them for about a year now and it's absolutely helped level the cruiser out when I tow. I think you'll be pleased!

Could the Airlift bags be used in conjuction with Slee's OME stock height replacement springs/shocks?

I've got 'em too and they do a great job of leveling the trailer. Key is to pump them up before you hitch up. You can always let a little air out if you go too high, but it works better that way. Once you figure out what the right amount of pressure is for your trailer, just fill them up to that amount before hooking up the trailer.

Got their load controller a few weeks ago too. That makes it even easier.

Scamper said:
I've got 'em too and they do a great job of leveling the trailer. Key is to pump them up before you hitch up. You can always let a little air out if you go too high, but it works better that way. Once you figure out what the right amount of pressure is for your trailer, just fill them up to that amount before hooking up the trailer.

Got their load controller a few weeks ago too. That makes it even easier.

Load controller with air compressor Scamper? Looked at that. Sounds nice. Automatically air up and keeps it that way. Nice!

arcteryx said:
Could the Airlift bags be used in conjuction with Slee's OME stock height replacement springs/shocks?

I've got OME medium duty, no lift and Rancho 9000's and use the Airlift bags w/o problems at all.

Do NOT use these for a lift. First of all, they're not designed for that and you'd just wear them out and void your warranty. Second, you'd only get about an inch anyway. Third, and most important, if you fully pump these up to lift your truck, your axles will no longer articulate. Well, you'll still get some droop, but your coils will no longer compress, unless you blow out the bag. Great for towing, VERY poor for off-road driving.

Brentbba said:
Load controller with air compressor Scamper? Looked at that. Sounds nice. Automatically air up and keeps it that way. Nice!

Yeah...fer us lazy ol farts :D

Scamper, I'm digging the avatar! Is that your camper or just a random pic of a small one? I am looking for something like that. Where do I find thise, because my searches have turned up nothing.
I want the air bags but not until I find a camper.

edit: just found scamp's web site!

That's not a pic of my actual camper, but it is identical in every way to it. Scamp makes 'em in the midwest. I don't see many at all in my area, but there are a few companies that make similar type campers. Boler has been around in Canada for ages, and if you go up there you'll find a Boler in every driveway (it's a 13-foot model). Great little design and easy to maintain.

LX_TREME said:
With the air bags suspension all (4) would you be able to raise -n- lower it? How much in inch? Just wondering. Pic would be nice if you can post'em here.

Wow! lots of replies! I don't have a pic for them (no digi cam yet). Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom