air lift air bags

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by timbercruiser, Jun 23, 2005.

1. timbercruiser

timbercruiser

Just had the air lift air bags put on yesterday. It rides better than stock!! I'll find out over the 4th how well it levels the camper.

DN

2. LX_TREME

LX_TREME

With the air bags suspension all (4) would you be able to raise -n- lower it? How much in inch? Just wondering. Pic would be nice if you can post'em here.

3. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Assume you are just talking about the Airlift bags in the rear coils. I've used them for about a year now and it's absolutely helped level the cruiser out when I tow. I think you'll be pleased!

4. arcteryx

arcteryx Supporting Vendor

Could the Airlift bags be used in conjuction with Slee's OME stock height replacement springs/shocks?

5. Scamper

Scamper

I've got 'em too and they do a great job of leveling the trailer. Key is to pump them up before you hitch up. You can always let a little air out if you go too high, but it works better that way. Once you figure out what the right amount of pressure is for your trailer, just fill them up to that amount before hooking up the trailer.

Got their load controller a few weeks ago too. That makes it even easier.

6. Brentbba

Load controller with air compressor Scamper? Looked at that. Sounds nice. Automatically air up and keeps it that way. Nice!

7. Brentbba

I've got OME medium duty, no lift and Rancho 9000's and use the Airlift bags w/o problems at all.

8. dclee

dclee

Do NOT use these for a lift. First of all, they're not designed for that and you'd just wear them out and void your warranty. Second, you'd only get about an inch anyway. Third, and most important, if you fully pump these up to lift your truck, your axles will no longer articulate. Well, you'll still get some droop, but your coils will no longer compress, unless you blow out the bag. Great for towing, VERY poor for off-road driving.

9. Scamper

Scamper

Yeah...fer us lazy ol farts :D

10. Land Speeder

Land Speeder InstaH8R

Media:
    Albums:
    Scamper, I'm digging the avatar! Is that your camper or just a random pic of a small one? I am looking for something like that. Where do I find thise, because my searches have turned up nothing.
    I want the air bags but not until I find a camper.

edit: just found scamp's web site!

11. Scamper

Scamper

That's not a pic of my actual camper, but it is identical in every way to it. Scamp makes 'em in the midwest. I don't see many at all in my area, but there are a few companies that make similar type campers. Boler has been around in Canada for ages, and if you go up there you'll find a Boler in every driveway (it's a 13-foot model). Great little design and easy to maintain.

12. timbercruiser

timbercruiser

Wow! lots of replies! I don't have a pic for them (no digi cam yet). Anyone else?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.