air in fuel line no cracks or holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, I also have the problem after changing my injectors. I believe it's either air leak or fuel leak.
YouTube - 2L-TE LJ78 startup issue
I am going to try the clear pvc hose and see if there is some air.
Doesn't the return hose get the air out of the system?
thanks, Tom.

one way or the other, it looks like you're not getting enough fuel. what do you mean, exactly, by "changing the injectors"? did you have them rebuilt? if so, were they rebuilt with the same # nozzle? did you bleed each individual injector on startup?

the return hose is for returning excess fuel which is not burned, but is extra for lubricating the injector pump.

does it run smooth after that initial rough start? for mine it would only have a tough start with really lean exhaust but after a min or two it would be fine for the rest of the day. Then it would act up after it sat for a night. My issue was not the injectors themselves but the injector pump which was leaking... so you might want to check the injector pump and see if there are any oil stains on the sides.

Hey, thanks for help. The car runs actually nice after a minute or so. I tried to remove the carbon as much as possible, I also did bleeding procedure, but maybe not enough. The fuel pump worked properly before i swapped the injectors. They were redone, with new nozzles in place.
It looks like I am getting too much fuel in there. I get 15l/100km wich is 15.7 mpg. I didn't have this problem before I replaced them.

Is the lifter pump filter blocked? Did u put new primer plunger in?

If you talk about the filter pump, that one is ok. I am still leaning toward the injectors were redone incorrectly. Or I put them in a wrong way :) Anyway, the car is in the shop to measure the fuel pressure. I hope they'll find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom