Air flow sensor / intake temp sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I've been chasing an issue with my fj62, and finally after much pain, have identified it as a failing intake air temp sensor. Here's the questions i have

Is is possible to replace the intake temp sensor or can you only replace the whole air flow meter? If that is the case, is it possible to bypass the existing temp sensor, and install and auxiliary one? I'd hate to have to buy an whole new AFM when the resistance for all other components is within FSM specs, but the temp sensor.

Details, intermittent starting and stalling issues, throws code for the intake temp sensor, TPS passes inspection, fule pump is working, good pressure, new fuel filter, no vacuum leaks etc. I've spent two days getting the truck to throw a code, even https://forum.ih8mud.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=8273684picked up a new fuel pump and filter and was all set to drop the tank when the Mud forums saved the day.

Also FYI, to get the sensor to finally throw a code, we disconnected it, check the ohms per FSM, reconnected it, tested it hot, tested it cold, and finally tried freezing it with an ice cube to see if we could get the proper ohms at the 32 degree mark, (which we didn't) but after that, it threw the code.

I'm not in a position to pay $300.00 + for a new AFM, and I can't seem to get my hands on one used. I have about 2 weeks before I have to move the truck to a new location, so time is ticking away.

:bang:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom