Air Flow Selector not selecting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 98 LC with approximately 150k on the odometer. The air flow selector (defrost, floor, dash, auto etc) system is not switching. At first I thought it was just a loose knob but snugging the 11mm retention nut fixed the slop and didn't fix the main issue.

I then pulled the trim and HVAC controls off the dash and cleaned the contacts as mentioned here Air Flow Selector Not Working/New Control Knobs - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/air-flow-selector-not-working-new-control-knobs.1096579/#post-12054194 No joy.

Next I saw where the air flow selector switch and fan speed switch both use the same part number switch so I swapped them. No joy. The air flow selector switch works just fine to control the fan speed and the fan speed switch still doesn't change the air flow locations. The switches themselves are not the problem.

Current status is that the indicator light shows the air should be coming through the dash vents but the air is actually blowing as if it's in defrost mode. Changing the location selection doesn't have any effect on either the indicator lights or the air flow.

Any troubleshooting ideas so I can make my wife happy on Mothers Day? Thanks!

Blend door actuator has failed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom