Air Filter Housing vs. No Air Filter Housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone out there running non-stock carb without the original air filter housing? The original owner put a Weber Carb on my 10/72 FJ40 with the adapter to the air filter housing and its in rough shape. The carb runs great and I don't plan on taking mudding and submerging it. I know a lot of classics run with the air filter straight off the carbs and wondering if they are any advantages/disadvantages versus personal opinion. Appreciate it!

look online for a weber 32/36 or 38/38 K&N style air filter assembly but make sure you get one that also comes with the plastic or brass elbow that you can tie into the upper fitting off your valve cover.

I have been running my weber 38/38 for well over 28+ years and over 300K miles

biggest advantage.... very easy to rebuild and its electric choke

drawback.... need to make sure you keep up with the cleaning and oiling of the filter.... if not it will dry out and disintegrate over time

you can see the hose that runs from valve cover to weber in this pic of mine:
image-jpg.792860

look online for a weber 32/36 or 38/38 K&N style air filter assembly but make sure you get one that also comes with the plastic or brass elbow that you can tie into the upper fitting off your valve cover.

I have been running my weber 38/38 for well over 28+ years and over 300K miles

biggest advantage.... very easy to rebuild and its electric choke

drawback.... need to make sure you keep up with the cleaning and oiling of the filter.... if not it will dry out and disintegrate over time
Thanks Johnny, that's the same carb I have on the rig and have been running K&N's on my other vehicles. I found the parts scrolling on JT Outfitters and will go that route. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom