Air filter hose diameter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone happen to know the proper hose size needed for this? Had my engine completely overhauled and came back from the shop with what sounded like a small vacuum leak. After replacing a few old/cracked hoses I looked up and noticed this one was completely missing... Is there a part number or name I can search for a replacement? Thanks!

1660592278065.png

The port on the a/c measures 3/4"

That open port is letting unfiltered air into your carburetor so you do need to address the situation. The hose that goes there is no longer available from Toyota. His store is closed for a few days, but City Racer LLC might have a reproduction. Or you can go to an autoparts store and find a similar sized hose with a 90degree bend in it, then cut to length.

Last edited:
The port on the a/c measures 3/4"

That open port is letting unfiltered air into your carburetor so you do need to address the situation. The hose that goes there is no longer available from Toyota. His store is closed for a few days, but City Racer LLC might have a reproduction. Or you can go to an autoparts store and find a similar sized hose with a 90degree bend in it, then cut to length.

I opted for an autozone 90 degree hose, fit pretty nicely and didn't even have to cut it. Unfortunately this did not solve what sounds like a vacuum leak in my system. Feel like I sprayed every inch of hose with starter fluid to find the leak but no dice. Is there another rookie mechanic way to find the hole in my system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom