Air filter and snorkel combo's

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ55partsBoise, Jan 9, 2004.

1. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

My aircleaner doesn't fit well to this rochester carb I am using on my FJ40. The perfect excuse to buy a different aircleaner and snorkel combo. I found a old military NATO snorkel once that was great on EBAY. I didn't buy it then and haven't seen them since then.

I need suggestions on a aircleaner and snorkel combo and where to get it or build it etc?

I have heard mixed reviews on ARB snorkel kits anyway? I need a cannister aircleaner suggestion anyway..

2. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd look at modifying a stock aircleaner, either the F or 2F so you can draw cooler air from right behind the bib. Of course you'll accomplish the same thing, even better, with a snorkel.
    There was a good post with pics today on a fabbed snorkel. It was for a Vortec, however.
    GL
    Ed :)

3. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    That post was on the Pirate Board, sorry.
    Ed :doh:

4. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

5. FredTheMonster

FredTheMonster

6. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

thanks for all the help. I think right now I will try to use a stock f aircleaner and modify it for a snorkel later. I read all the posts on the pirate web and cannot for the life of me make sense of all of it. Once I get the F aircleaner mounted I'll have to link it through flex tube to a snorkel system.

Thanks again.

Aaron

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.