1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air filter and snorkel combo's

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ55partsBoise, Jan 9, 2004.

1. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

My aircleaner doesn't fit well to this rochester carb I am using on my FJ40. The perfect excuse to buy a different aircleaner and snorkel combo. I found a old military NATO snorkel once that was great on EBAY. I didn't buy it then and haven't seen them since then.

I need suggestions on a aircleaner and snorkel combo and where to get it or build it etc?

I have heard mixed reviews on ARB snorkel kits anyway? I need a cannister aircleaner suggestion anyway..

2. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd look at modifying a stock aircleaner, either the F or 2F so you can draw cooler air from right behind the bib. Of course you'll accomplish the same thing, even better, with a snorkel.
    There was a good post with pics today on a fabbed snorkel. It was for a Vortec, however.
    GL
    Ed :)

3. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    That post was on the Pirate Board, sorry.
    Ed :doh:

4. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

5. FredTheMonster

FredTheMonster

6. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

thanks for all the help. I think right now I will try to use a stock f aircleaner and modify it for a snorkel later. I read all the posts on the pirate web and cannot for the life of me make sense of all of it. Once I get the F aircleaner mounted I'll have to link it through flex tube to a snorkel system.

Thanks again.

Aaron