Air filter and snorkel combo's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My aircleaner doesn't fit well to this rochester carb I am using on my FJ40. The perfect excuse to buy a different aircleaner and snorkel combo. I found a old military NATO snorkel once that was great on EBAY. I didn't buy it then and haven't seen them since then.

I need suggestions on a aircleaner and snorkel combo and where to get it or build it etc?

I have heard mixed reviews on ARB snorkel kits anyway? I need a cannister aircleaner suggestion anyway..

I'd look at modifying a stock aircleaner, either the F or 2F so you can draw cooler air from right behind the bib. Of course you'll accomplish the same thing, even better, with a snorkel.
There was a good post with pics today on a fabbed snorkel. It was for a Vortec, however.
GL
Ed :)

That post was on the Pirate Board, sorry.
Ed :doh:

thanks for all the help. I think right now I will try to use a stock f aircleaner and modify it for a snorkel later. I read all the posts on the pirate web and cannot for the life of me make sense of all of it. Once I get the F aircleaner mounted I'll have to link it through flex tube to a snorkel system.

Thanks again.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom