Air filter alternatives? DENSO 1432098 not available anymore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was using DENSO 1432098
{#1780166030} Standard
Heart.png
DENSO is the OE Manufacturer

from rockauto it was cheap 9.7$ so i replaced ones a year at least. Israeli Desert full of fine dust

No more available

What are the alternatives?

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-31 at 22.47.40.jpeg

Does the element from the US 93/94 model fit yours (17801-61030). Partsouq has them for $45. Alternatively they also have non-Toyota options for the 17801-66030 for $10-$15. Not sure if Partsouq is an option available to you.

FWIW, every US spec 80 Series from 1991-1997 uses the same air filter element. The part number changed over the years, but the physical size of the element (L/W/H/inner diameter) is exactly the same. They are also all washable and reusable. I switch off between 2.
17801-66030 McGeorge has them for a whole $19

Dusty desert driving and I'd recommend you get a snorkel and fit it with a centrifugal bowl head (I run a donaldson head on a custom snorkel on my oz patrol). Lots of the thicker dust/sand/dead bugs/small animals :) ends up spinning in the bowl versus your filter. Also pulls air from up higher where it is somewhat less dust laden, especially if you are following other vehicles....

And, yeah, washable elements as @jonheld recommends. Rotate them and wash/dry one when installing the cleaned one. Follow the instructions, you do NOT want to use high pressure air to blow them out, risk of damaging the filtering media. Don't wack them hard against the ground to knock them clean either. Warm soapy water and a good soak works well. Air dry - should be easy in your climate :)

cheers,
george.

I was using DENSO 1432098
{#1780166030} Standard
Heart.png
DENSO is the OE Manufacturer

from rockauto it was cheap 9.7$ so i replaced ones a year at least. Israeli Desert full of fine dust

No more available

What are the alternatives?

View attachment 2883810
You definitely want the OEM washable for out there in the midbar! ;)

Like others have mentioned, I have 3 washables that I rotate in at oil changes or sooner in high dust conditions..

Dusty desert driving and I'd recommend you get a snorkel and fit it with a centrifugal bowl head (I run a donaldson head on a custom snorkel on my oz patrol). Lots of the thicker dust/sand/dead bugs/small animals :) ends up spinning in the bowl versus your filter. Also pulls air from up higher where it is somewhat less dust laden, especially if you are following other vehicles....

And, yeah, washable elements as @jonheld recommends. Rotate them and wash/dry one when installing the cleaned one. Follow the instructions, you do NOT want to use high pressure air to blow them out, risk of damaging the filtering media. Don't wack them hard against the ground to knock them clean either. Warm soapy water and a good soak works well. Air dry - should be easy in your climate :)

cheers,
george.
George I definitely need a snorkel for flesh fluds and to reduce suction air temperature to engine

for dust the oem system is doing very well

Flesh Flud this Saturday

Per @OGBeno,

17801-61030: washable/reusable element.
17801-66030: same filter as above but non-washable/reusable
17801-68020: different filter element, generally spec'ed for non-US diesel engines. Dark brown element color. Probably soaked in some type of oil to collect dirt (at least it feels and smells that way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom