air control valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
switching my 93 pick-up with a 22re from manual steering to power steering and cant figure out where the two hoses off the air control valve on the pump go to. been searching around and can't find any diagrams. thanks for any help

jim

exactly what i needed. I thought those might be the 2 but wasn't sure. Know i might be able to finish this project tonight.

thanks alot Wristy

exactly what i needed. I thought those might be the 2 but wasn't sure. Know i might be able to finish this project tonight.

thanks alot Wristy

you bet.
anything else you need. make a new post. thats why im here :D

Hey Wristy, It looks like the steering rod must be different for power steering (shorter). is that the case?

actually, i ment the rod from the steering wheel to the steering box (don't know what its called), and affter pulling my manual box and setting it next to the power box, the power steering box is longer. back to the wrecking yard.

and found out at the parts store that the idler arm has different part #s. guess theres a difference.

thanks again
jim

Thanks Jerod, I'll pull the shaft today after work and see if i can get it break loose. It'll need it to be shorter since the power steering box is longer than the manual box. the first thing i thought when i noticed the steering box was longer was that the shaft should slide into itself enough to acomidate for it but the shaft didnt want to move, ill just have to be more forceful.

another thing i forgot to mention was that the power steering box i got has aprox. a 2inch shaft bolted to the rag joint with a mounting tab to connect to the rest of the steering shaft. I think the power steering box came out of a 94, but not 100% on that. Also, toyota is spelled TOYODA on the steering box, never noticed anything like that before.

thanks again for the help
jim

The steering shaft should have 2 plastic rivets that will need to be drilled out, then the shaft will slide in or out as needed.

pulled the shaft the other night and it seemed to be one solid piece. i couldnt see any seams where it could slide in or out, and i even scratched some paint to see better.

I did figure out that there is room for the shaft to slide up into the clamp under the dash farther, and just got every thing instaled last night, except filling and bleeding the system and bolting on the new pitman arm for power steering.

Thanks for help everyone.
jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom