air conditioning? (1 Viewer)

I'm looking to install the air conditioning back into my 4Runner and could use some knowledgeable assistance. Pretty sure I have most of the parts. lol Can pay a little or trade for tons of 82/83 Hilux parts or both.

Can't imagine another September in the Rogue Valley without it! :eek:

Please help, Laurie :)

I have an 85 Runner with stock AC, I've been in the process of pulling it out a little at a time, if you need any parts, let me know. The compressor was seized though.... :cheers:

I dunno if it was present on the 87 truck that jerod gave me but you can have any of it if its there too. I'd have to check. Pretty much you just need another truck to look at and it should all be plug and play. The biggest thing is taking it to someone to check it for leaks and recharging it.

pretty sure I have 2 compressors. Maybe cause one is bad? don't know. How do you check them?
:doh:

pretty sure the parts I am missing are the dash button and a tube, (upper tube?).

But, again, I have no idea how it all goes together. HELP!

Compressor should turn smoothly(there's probably a more scientific way). Post a picture of what you got, I just helped a friend swap a/c into his runner.

Matt

I'll have to get back to this in a week or so after I get back from a camping trip with my 2 grandsons!! YAY!! Oh, and my daughter.... :bounce::bounce2::clap:

Yes, that would be me. That decal will come off when I pop off the windscreen to repair the rot. Another project down the road. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom