Air conditioning on a 2F w/ saginaw power steering, anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Just like the title says. 77 FJ40 with stock 2F, have William Dorry's saginaw power steering pump bracket with saginaw pump on the left side of the motor. Stock alternator and bracket on the right. Currently using both pulleys on the balancer.

Anyone have an AC compressor with this set up?

It's been unusually hot here and very seriously considering AC, just wondering if it's possible?

Thanks, Matt

Do a search under texican, I did one last year, late that had the york sandwiched between the alt and the engine, dual batteries also, it was tight but fit.
Butch

Hi All:

I've also heard of a dual function braket from a 1980s Volvo car that mounts both a Saginaw type P/S pump and an AC compressor that folks have fitted onto a 2F engine.

Good luck!

Alan
Seattle

Would not be too had to switch to a later balancer Matt.. you then would have a three groove pulley...and could easily make bracketry to mount the compressor low on the pass side...

Good luck!

:beer:

-Steve

Max-

condensor and A/C radiator and frame too?

I will have to look. I got all this stuff from a Toyota tech who removed it from an anal 40 owner who wanted his truck returned to pristine stock shape. I don't know who origionally installed this stuff. It may have even been the origional purcahse dealer for all I know. I was going to use this for onboard air as it had all all the brackets for the compressor and alternator relocation. I will take a closer look tonight...

Max

bracket

The Vintage Air A/C kit comes with a bracket to mount the compressor and alt on the pass side. Bill Dorry

I guess I was thinking of sticking with a unit like CCOT sells or this other dude I see on ebay. The unit that kinda looks like the stock unit that goes underneath the dash on the passenger side.

Don't get me wrong, I like the vintage AC kit, in fact I plan on buying one for my 45 project, but that has a chevy in it. I just want to keep my factory heater core unit and looking for an easy install.

So maybe I should re-phrase my question to pertain to the unit like CCOT sells or the one I see occasionally on ebay for around $650, both of those units mount underneath the dash on the passenger side.

Poser, would I still need to get a 3 groove pulley and where do I get one of those?

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom