Air Conditioning help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled the AC compressor and drained it of oil. replaced the drier and expansion valve but the retrofit kit to attach to the schrader valves I bought doesnt fit on my low side. Can anyone help me with a link or part number to get the right retrofit kit?

The low-side adapter is Four Seasons #59976. The high-side port can be either 1/4"flare, part #59977 same size as the low-side or it can be smaller 3/16 flare, part #59978. Low-side fittings are always 1/4 flare. Check to make sure you're not screwing the low-side fitting onto the high-side port.

The low-side adapter is Four Seasons #59976. The high-side port can be either 1/4"flare, part #59977 same size as the low-side or it can be smaller 3/16 flare, part #59978. Low-side fittings are always 1/4 flare. Check to make sure you're not screwing the low-side fitting onto the high-side port.
View attachment 1976711View attachment 1976712View attachment 1976713
the low side fitting is smaller diameter and longer already had a Schrader valve installed in it. it was too large for the fitting on the compressor. I am going to look for a local dealer of Four Seasons stuff and see if I can find the parts you listed. Thanks for the help.

Ok another question the hoses I have for my manifold look like they will screw directly on to the Schrader valves is it a bad idea to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom