Air compressors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody know what psi the compressors on Lincolns and Caddilacs run up to for the air ride systems? Just thinking I could snag one cheap and use it if it would work.

I'm guessing this has been tried before and won't work?

I seem to recall people using them to run ARB air lockers. Search Pirate4x4.

they would work ok to run ARB lockers-provided they produce enough PSI. (probably do).

Would not produce near enough air to be efficient filling tires or running tools.

It is so easy to mount a york to an F/2F, there is not much reason to consider anything else.

Check www.kccruisers.com for brackets.

Yes, they are high pressure, low volume pumps. Someone on a local mixed list ganged up three of them and was still unsatisfied with their ability to fill tires.

gary

Thanks guys, I'll look into a York.

Anybody know of any cheap brackets to fit one of these to an F motor? I only have one pulley on my crankshaft for my water pump and alternator. I haven't looked at it to see if I could run this also with a longer belt... I'm doubting it though.

I already posted a link...

You will need to run a double pulley on the waterpump and a double groove crank pulley. All available off any 2F.

CruisinGA said:
I already posted a link...

You will need to run a double pulley on the waterpump and a double groove crank pulley. All available off any 2F.

I know you did, but it's a dead link.

going to get the max volume air tonight. checker 24.99

just got it last night and installed under the glove box, cant wait to put it to the test this weekend. anyone else in utah going up A.F. Canyon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom